Caring schools in South East England?

(15 Posts)
Katie172 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:10:30

I would suggest Kings Rochester and Sackville in Hildenborough. Sackville doesn't do boarding though.

michaelaB Fri 29-Mar-13 12:15:30

Weekly boarding at Ashford School in Kent. Great pastoral care and idiosyncratic people always welcome.

Phineyj Thu 28-Mar-13 18:13:56

Whitgift in South Croydon? Good pastoral and SEN support and a recently opened boarding house.

BrigitBigKnickers Wed 27-Mar-13 23:12:42

Which private school in Essex does he currently attend?

Confusedcius Wed 27-Mar-13 22:51:24

Thank you for all suggestions. Will look at all of them.

Welovegrapes Wed 27-Mar-13 21:36:12

St Christopher's in Letchworth is a bit alternative, I think - staff called by first names by pupils, supposed to more treat each child as an individual. They offer boarding.

No personal experience but family sent their socially awkward son who did well there afaik

neolara Wed 27-Mar-13 21:34:47

Sancton Wood, Cambridge

Milliways Wed 27-Mar-13 21:33:53

Leighton Park.

blondefriend Wed 27-Mar-13 20:56:01

Reading School? (weekly boarding)

rezzle Wed 27-Mar-13 19:02:09

Leighton Park?

happygardening Wed 27-Mar-13 18:11:59

Shiplake?

brentwoodgal Wed 27-Mar-13 17:08:52

http://www.trinityschool.ac/

http://www.gosfieldschool.org.uk/

These might be worth looking at.

Floralnomad Wed 27-Mar-13 16:40:28

I have a friend who's boys go to Rochester independent and they'd tried quite a few schools as one of hers was a bit of a school avoider ,they love it .

cavell Wed 27-Mar-13 16:37:49

Rochester Independent College?
Sackville School, Sevenoaks?
I know they are both in Kent, but might fit the bill. In what way does yoyur son have great difficulty socially/what's wrong with his current school? Might help narrow down the type of school you are looking for.

Confusedcius Mon 25-Mar-13 20:05:26

We have a fourteen year old son who has great difficulty socially, but who is fine academically, and is actually fairly happy, apart from when he's at his current private school. We would like to send him to a private/state day school (we might consider weekly boarding), where he would be cared for and not treated as just one of many. He has lots of potential, but needs the right environment to blossom. We live in Essex, but would consider surrounding counties too. Any personal recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now