Dyslexia friendly indy school?

(9 Posts)
lesleyatcrested Wed 27-Mar-13 12:28:57

Hi Tinytalker

As Secretary to CReSTeD, can I suggest you check out our website: www.crested.org.uk, we list schools across the country who have been assessed for their dyslexia provision.... it's what we do. CReSTeD stands for the Council for the Registration of Schools Teaching Dyslexic pupils. Thames Christian is registered with us but there are others, the vast majority of schools on the Register are independent and most are mainstream schools (i.e. not Special Schools). I hope that helps, good luck with your search.

notfluffy Wed 27-Mar-13 08:01:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 26-Mar-13 22:35:20

One of DDs friends is wildly dyslexic and went to Bearwood College in Berkshire- think they have a speciality for dyslexia.

olivevoir58 Mon 25-Mar-13 20:06:15

Thames Christian College near Clapham Junction. They have lots of dyslexics and lots of kids from NW London who come in on the overground.

soonbesailing Mon 25-Mar-13 19:00:47

Have you looked at St Christophers in Letchworth, not NW or Middlesex but they run a daily bus from Highgate or you can get the train from kings X, lots of pupils live in London.

tinytalker Mon 25-Mar-13 17:01:42

Girl, not a high flyer academically but coping well with curriculum. I think a non-selective gentler environment would suit her best. Day school.
Thanks smile

Needmoresleep Mon 25-Mar-13 09:56:03

How bright is your child.

Some selective indies are very good with bright dyslexics. Or are you looking for a non-selective and gentler environment.

teacher123 Mon 25-Mar-13 08:28:21

Boy/girl day/boarding?

tinytalker Sun 24-Mar-13 18:14:36

Can anyone recommend a dyslexia friendly, caring, nurturing independent secondary school in NW London/Middlesex?
Or am I asking too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now