As/a level results 7th March

(46 Posts)
Isthiscorrect Tue 05-Mar-13 02:43:10

Is anyone else waiting for these results? Ds has worked really hard and I am hopeful but one of his subjects is philosophy, the first time they have offered it in his school and that the teaching and teachers marking has all gone to plan and that the students will achieve the right results.

Loshad Thu 07-Mar-13 22:39:37

Happy here 100/100 in bio, solid A grades in maths and chem, still on for the medicine dream.

BackforGood Thu 07-Mar-13 20:58:41

Purple - he claims only sciency people are having results today - not his area at all grin

Another mixed here, A c1, A Bio, B chem, C s1. Ds disappointed, he had worked really hard.

Well done to the dc with the grades they wanted and commiserations to those that didn't get there grades.

kneesofnorks, went through similar with ds1 so know how you are feeling. Is his course likely to go into clearing?

PurplePotato Thu 07-Mar-13 19:48:19

BackforGood, that really made me laugh - any news?!

WorriedTeenMum Thu 07-Mar-13 19:26:54

Definitely mixed results here A in Bio, C in Maths, E in Chem. DD bitterly upset about Chem as this is her favourite subject and she had thought it had gone well. She is getting a copy of her paper to try and find out where she fell down.

kneesofnorks Thu 07-Mar-13 17:31:13

Disappointment here, no idea what DS will do as it looks increasingly likely there will be no chance of meeting the conditionals he has for uni. I'm a bit gutted to be honest I messed up when I was 18 and I don't want him to be like me, no idea where to go from here sad

DS pleased with results, he did 6 (AS) modules in January and got 5 As and a B. Plans to retake the B.
He says many of his friends did spectacularly badly, lots of Es and quite a few Us around. Some of them have been too busy with a cool college social life and others just underestimated how much work was required. Others worked their socks off and still didn't get the grades sad.
I think someone said up thread that these results would be a wake up call for many. No January modules next year so that will mean more pressure in the summer and less time to remedy.

mindgone Thu 07-Mar-13 16:52:27

Milliways, DS loves Manchester too, and will prob firm it too!

BackforGood Thu 07-Mar-13 16:45:57

Interesting thread......

hmmmm....

<<Off to interrogate ds to see if he is due any results hmm>>

Milliways Thu 07-Mar-13 16:24:54

DS was chuffed, A's in 3 Maths modules - C3, FP1 & M1 (or M2?? Mechanics something!) grin

He is now going to firm Manchester as 1st choice, undecided on his insurance though as they all have very similar requirements, but York is probably his favorite.

mindgone Thu 07-Mar-13 15:44:44

So happy here that we finally have a happy results day! DS1 had some A2 modules and 2 resits, doing chemistry, biology and maths, and got 5 As and a B! Can hardly believe it, but he has worked so hard! And DS2 got 3 A* for his GCSE science modules! Avery happy day here, out for tea tonight! We've waited a long time for this and have had a hard struggle, but all worth it for now. So to those who haven't got what they wanted, it really is worth picking themselves up and plodding on, good private tutors help too, if you can manage them! :-)

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 07-Mar-13 15:36:47

I'm a bit puzzled as DD hasn't even started her exams yet, and hear you all are with great results! Different boards, or something??

Startail Thu 07-Mar-13 15:30:50

DD has just rung to say she got A* in her core GCSE science papers
(not necessarily her final mark as she's dyslexic and they still have course work to do, which she finds harder), but still grin

Congrats to everyone's DCs and I hope those who needed a kick do better next time.

BlueStringPudding Thu 07-Mar-13 15:19:35

Relief here too, DD1 got an A in her Biology paper, and a B in the Chemistry which she was convinced she'd totally failed.

DD2 got an A in her ICT A2 paper, and an A in the AS paper (a resit as got a high B last time). She's in Year 11, and had GCSE papers too - and did really well, A* in 2 x French and A in each of Chemistry, Biology and Physics.

So pleased, both girls worked hard.

Mutteroo Thu 07-Mar-13 15:16:03

DS found out yesterday. Not good. An E grade which has been fantastic in giving him the kick up the ar*e he needed.

ISingSoprano Thu 07-Mar-13 15:09:27

I am genuinely delighted that there are some excellent results here - well done to all concerned grin.

I am pleased to report that ds is picking himself up and coming up with a plan for the summer. He has arranged meetings with his subject teachers today and is taking their advice about resits etc. Quite proud of him actually.

PurplePotato Thu 07-Mar-13 14:35:14

Good news here - son met all his predicted grades and got 4 As (Core 1 Maths, Probability, and Physics and Chemistry modules). I'm very pleased and am apparently buying pizzas this evening smile

Mixed bag here. B for Mechanics, which DD was pleased with, and Cs in each of c1,c2 and c3 maths. She is really disappointed as she thought that C3 had gone really well and she worked really hard was getting As and Bs in all the practice papers they were doing leading up to the exam time.
She will resit them in the summer along with C4 and she only has one French paper left so hopefully will just be able to focus on Maths.
Good luck to everyone else.

bruffin Thu 07-Mar-13 12:45:53

I was a little relieved actually Isthiscorrect. The mechanics is redeemable, although he has a big mountain to climb for the exams in May because he got behind concentrating on his January exams.

NewFerry Thu 07-Mar-13 12:25:44

Mixed bag here too, As S2 & C3 maths, but B (again) in M1, and C in physics (gulp)

Isthiscorrect Thu 07-Mar-13 12:19:29

Oh Bruffin, thats hard for him.
Results heer were given out at first break. Ds very pleased, he got A in Gov and Pol, and A in Philosophy. He is devestated though for a number of his friends who have worked very hard and have good class and homework results. They were expected A's maybe, high B's and got C's and even a E :-( Well done to those who got what they wanted and good luck to those with a plan.
PS Thanks to Ds teachers, my fears were allayed.

glaurung Thu 07-Mar-13 11:10:22

Oh no Isingsoprano, hope it's recoverable to whatever is needed with a replan.

No idea when or if dd will tell me hers, we both know they will be below target. Well done to all who have met theirs.

bruffin Thu 07-Mar-13 09:59:25

I thnk ds got his early as they are on a school trip.

PurplePotato Thu 07-Mar-13 09:48:27

Waiting here too, for results in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History. Son says they won't get them until lunchtime - I suspect that's not true and he's just buying himself a couple of hours' grace before he tells us! Good luck everyone.

bruffin Thu 07-Mar-13 09:36:22

Mixed results

DS got A for physics A for Decision Maths and E for Mechanics,

We know exactly what wrong, he spent so much time worrying about decision, he didnt spend time on mechanics which he was more confident in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now