We haven't received an offer

(12 Posts)
lerlt Mon 04-Mar-13 18:28:48

Thanks to everyone who had advice! After about 14 attempts we got through on the phone to be told we had our first choice. Apparently there was some sort of glitch and we were sent a letter instead of email, but once we had the good news, it really didn't matter!
Glad you also had good news Yellowtip.

tiggytape Mon 04-Mar-13 09:01:16

Great news yellowtip. I am glad you got it sorted out and got an offer you're happy with smile

Yellowtip Mon 04-Mar-13 08:54:09

Thanks tiggy. Just phoned, got through easily and they did tell me the allocation happily!

tiggytape Mon 04-Mar-13 08:35:37

Yellowtip - ring up this morning and ask. They'll be able to tell you at least what's happened and how your result will arrive. They'll probably happily tell you the allocation as well.

Yellowtip Mon 04-Mar-13 07:41:50

Thanks. I have checked spam, but nothing there. And I did make it utterly clear that it was a back up thing only. That may have got lost as the paper copy moved away from the front desk I suppose. But because of being away (and because the postman delivers to our gate only, and letters blow away), I cancelled all mail until Wednesday. This isn't going well.

almostanotherday Sun 03-Mar-13 23:12:10

This might sound really stupid but have you checked your spam/junk folders?

tiggytape Sun 03-Mar-13 22:37:15

in addition to the online form we also hand delivered a copy of the application form
In that case yellowtip, you may get your result by snail mail. Unless you made it really clear to the council that the paper copy was just a back-up, it may have cancelled out your online version on the presumption that the paper copy was a new version of your preferences. Each person is only allowed to submit one application so new submissions can cancel out previous submissions. I am sure it will be fine - it is just a pain having to wait.

lerlt - I hope you get good news tomorrow.

Yellowtip Sun 03-Mar-13 21:38:16

Same kind of problem here. I haven't had an e-mail (just returned from another country a couple of hours ago, so have only just checked) and the online system won't let me log in (my mind has gone blank on the password front and the system just keeps saying it's sent an email to allow me to change the password but nothing has yet come through). I know 100% I put the correct first choice down to secure a place and in addition to the online form we also hand delivered a copy of the application form, but there's no particular proof.

lerlt Sun 03-Mar-13 21:35:29

Thanks for your replies. We'll be phoning the LA at 9 sharp. I can't imagine we'd have been far down the lists as I know children who have been offered places purely on distance who live further from the schools than us. Oh well, fingers crossed we can get it sorted out...

admission Sun 03-Mar-13 21:17:07

It could be that the Local Authority have not been able to allocate any school place to you because you are too far down the lists on all the schools you expressed a preference for or it could be that there has been a glitch in the system somewhere.
Either way the only way forward is to speak to the LA admission office on Monday and establish exactly what the situation is. When you know the answer then hopefully you will be able to formulate a plan.

MaggieW Sun 03-Mar-13 19:31:13

If you have an online record of your application then it sounds as if it's some sort of error on the council's part. Your DD's head teacher will know the outcome so perhaps ask tomorrow morning at drop off? Hope it all goes well.

lerlt Sun 03-Mar-13 19:26:36

Hope someone might have some advice for me! I asked for notification of our offer by email so waited and waited and waited on Friday but nothing. I logged on to the council's website and could see our preferences but there is no offer next to any of them.
Is it possible the council have missed one child? And if so where would we stand then? We have two schools in walking distance of our house (500m and 1000m) but both are outstanding schools and will be over-subscribed, I know people who have been turned down. I also know children who live further away from the schools than we do have already received offers.
We'll be ringing first thing Monday morning of course, but just on the off chance, could anyone answer my questions, I'm a nervous wreck! My daughter on the other hand seems cool as a cucumber about the whole thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now