Options GCSE!

(6 Posts)
HoneyKate Mon 04-Mar-13 16:35:48

Salskey - I hope it all goes well for your DS.

Salskey Thu 28-Feb-13 21:20:12

Thanks honeykate, he does love music and has just sat his grade 5 theory, he is in 2 senior orchestras, one at school and one on a Saturday :D I just didn't want him to be under too much pressure but what you said makes sense. We've had a little chat and he has chose music smile smile

HoneyKate Thu 28-Feb-13 17:25:45

Sorry, I should have said GCSE course, not A level ! He could still teach though, perhaps when he is a little older....

HoneyKate Thu 28-Feb-13 17:17:51

If your DS loves music then he is likely to enjoy the A level course but will need to set aside plenty of time for practice as well as theory study. But if he really enjoys it then this should be a pleasure for him rather than a chore and a good outlet for his creativity which can also be a stress-reliever. Perhaps he could even think about teaching the instrument he plays to younger children as a way of earning some money? If not now, then maybe when he goes to Uni? Your DS is really lucky to have been blessed with a musical gift!

treas Thu 28-Feb-13 00:55:22

Choosing music would give your ds a broader subject range rather than having 2 humanities and a language, he would have a humanity, language and a creative subject.

Whichever he chooses there will be a lot of work involved but I think employers and universities like to see a broad subject base.

Salskey Wed 27-Feb-13 23:08:37

Ds has decided history, Spanish but can't decide on geography or music, he's Doing well and enjoys both but I'm wondering if a level music is wise to go on to? Any advice great fully received smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now