Good State Secondary Schools in London

(28 Posts)
likestoplan Fri 22-Feb-13 12:30:33

Hello
I'm looking at areas of London where I'd like to live, and obviously being in a area with goods schools is on of the top priorities.

Could anybody help with a list of the better schools in the capital for secondary education? I've tried googling but just cant come up with anything. From what I hear North London seems to be the place to go, but I cant seem to find any good info.

Ideally Im after information on non-selective schools (I dont think London has any grammars anyway), but any information would be helpful, as I've run into a brick wall with my own research.
Thanks in advance.

Elibean Mon 25-Feb-13 10:16:41

And also worth bearing in mind those school that have not been great, but are on their way up - sometimes the most exciting, stimulating place to be smile

thewhistler Tue 26-Feb-13 14:31:49

Little, because the address is Kent lots of people think it is part of the Kent grammar school system. It isn't. It us in Bromley which has two grammar schools, one for girls, newstead woods which IIRC recruits from about a 10 mile radius, and one for boys, St Olave's, which recruits from the entirety of s London. The competition is fierce.

hth and feel free to pm me.

Phugh Fri 26-Sep-14 08:56:42

For good information on London state and independent secondary schools in London, try LondonSchooling.com.

The LondonSchooling.com information includes a helpful map and overview 'picture' of London schools together with clear information on exam results and the subjects schools are best at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now