Kendrick School - how late can parents collect children from school

(8 Posts)
Chapter Sun 17-Feb-13 10:54:24

I know that there are after school activies. However, how late can children wait at school for parents to collect them on way home from work?

BackforGood Sun 17-Feb-13 17:42:56

erm - I have no idea about this particular school.
Do you mean after school club?
Why don't you ask them, if it doesn't say on the contract ?

Sympathique Sun 17-Feb-13 18:53:54

Aren't girls encouraged to use public transport?

tiggytape Sun 17-Feb-13 19:34:31

From their 2012 prospectus:
"The school opens at 7.45am; students will not be allowed on the school premises before that time.
Students should leave school promptly at the end of the day unless they are involved in an after school activity. If they need to wait in school for any reason they must go to the library where they will be supervised by the Library Assistant until 4.30pm."

Clubs run daily until 4:15pm so the answer to your question would be 4:15pm for clubs or 4:30pm at the absolute latest on any other day.

Secondary school aged pupils are generally expected to make their own way home and Kendrick seems to operate on those lines too.

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Sun 17-Feb-13 21:56:19

Yes, agree that secondary school pupils really do not need to be ferried to and from school., and should be able to cope with letting themselves in with their own key and being in the house alone for a short time.

So you should not have an issue really.

Sympathique Mon 18-Feb-13 08:56:56

The school used to make a point of emphasizing use of public transport - I don't know if they still do. There is no parking outside the school and little opportunity even to pull up for a few minutes; traffic wardens know when school finishes. Yes, you can get DD to walk up to Kendrick Rd where you can park, but by then she could be half way to the station! DD's friends used to regard with a mixture of scorn and pity their (very few) peers who were ferried by a parent - the ferrying soon stopped anyway. It may seem daunting now, but girls of the calibre to get into Kendrick take to their journeys and the pressured days like ducks to water.

Of course, the OP's DD may have special needs, in which case I apologise grovellingly for the above and would then say that the school is very approachable and that's the place to ask.

Chapter Mon 18-Feb-13 23:29:26

Thank you for the advice,

Sympathique Tue 19-Feb-13 10:12:44

Good luck! Smashing school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now