bulletpointThank you for letting me know.It gives me hope. If I could work out how to do smileys I would add some now ! Could you let me know the title of the thread please? I have tried to search but with no luck. Many thanks, Katie
Hi...I am sorry I should have said that it is a year 9 place we are after. Dh was told this info by the prep head of year. We are waiting to see if the post brings news of an offer today but Sevenoaks is the school that is the first choice for our dc. Thing is that dh didn't ask how likely it was that parents may be holding onto other places besides a conditional offer at Sevenoaks but looking at other posts it looks like this happens in other areas. I am hoping it may happen here too but I just don't know. Thank you for replying !
I would have thought that after 1 March there will be a lot of movement on the reserve list at Sevenoaks school for entry to Year 7 because of all the grammar schools in Kent. Is this what you mean?
If you're talking about common entrance exam at Year 9, it's a totally different thing and I only have the vaguest idea of how it works - I'm surprised that your prep school hasn't explained the process. Do you have any offers or conditional offers from other schools?
Hi, It's my first post so please be gentle with me! I am writing this at an unearthly hour so I apologise now for spelling/grammar blunders!!
I am not experienced/too familiar with Common Entrance but dh has been told that after 1st March you can only hold one offer so if there are going to be any places released it will be during March. Our dc has been put on the reserve list for Sevenoaks and I would love to hear from anyone with any experience who has been through this before,particularly for this school. Expect that I will sound naive but is it possible that there are dc's holding offers for day places at Sevenoaks and other schools this close to 1st March ? Thanks in advance, Katie