The Trinity-Whitgift thread of 2013 continued

(861 Posts)
Somelikeithott Sat 16-Feb-13 16:46:17

Hi all as I posted on previous thread, I realised we had hit the 1000 mark, do felt obliged to open a new one. Hope everyone finds this thread easily

therugratref Fri 01-Mar-13 18:24:41

Starting to feel a bit freaked that you lot are going to know me instantly and I wont have a clue who is burnt out or likes it hot.

kimalima Fri 01-Mar-13 18:48:43

Will do it for you Zato. To bring up the T numbers...

Kimalima T 11+
Burntoutdad W 10+
Suz742 T 10+
Rugratref W 10+ (x2!)
JohnnyT W 11+
Croydonmumtods W 10+
MissMarple T 10+
Somelikeithott W 10+
racegirl87 T 10+
TCofB W 10+
PopcornPizza T ?+
EyesWideClosed T 10+
Cheammum W 11+
Hecticmumof4 W ?+
nothingyummymum W 11+
Zato T 11+

Pompoms at the ready... Give me a T... Give me an I... grin

Somelikeithott Fri 01-Mar-13 18:53:40

Lol! Rugrat! Don't worry, if there is only one set of twins, I will introduce myself to you ( if you don't mind). If there are more than one then you are safe!!!

Zato, I think just sending W an email should suffice. I did notice there were no, no thanks response letters in the pack.

Somelikeithott Fri 01-Mar-13 18:55:43

I like how the rivalry has begun already on this thread. Can we write rugratref twice? Lol

burntoutdad Fri 01-Mar-13 20:27:47

rugrat -LOL! that did make me chuckle. Maybe we look like our user names wink.
hott - I've already counted rugrat x2, need the numbers to mount our campaign against Kylep & co!
Talking of which:

Kimalima T 11+
Burntoutdad W 10+
Suz742 T 10+
Rugratref W 10+ (x2!)
JohnnyT W 11+
Croydonmumtods W 10+
MissMarple T 10+
Somelikeithott W 10+
racegirl87 T 10+
TCofB W 10+
PopcornPizza T ?+
EyesWideClosed T 10+
Cheammum W 11+
Hecticmumof4 W ?+
nothingyummymum W 11+
Zato T 11+
Kylep T 10+

8 to 10 now!

Somelikeithott Fri 01-Mar-13 23:37:23

Fatal, my earlier post was meant to read 'come on foundation' eeeek!!!! Someone just pointed this out

kimalima Fri 01-Mar-13 23:49:18

Had a few wines tonight. Could always name change a few times to add a few to the T tally.... Watch out W grin

suz742 Sat 02-Mar-13 17:37:00

Just been browsing the T website and on parents pages, letters sent home, there are details of next year's trips. Dates of Norfolk trip in Sept there. My DS wants to go on football and Disney trip....might need to lower his expectations a bit me thinks!

DivaMum23 Sat 02-Mar-13 18:06:41

Hello everyone, I hope you can help with this question the boys on the waiting list for W & T when are they likely to know if they have secure a place.

Congratulations to all You DS;s for making you all very proud

EyesWideClosed Sat 02-Mar-13 18:14:19

suz742 Just had a look. What a mine of information! I can't find the future dates bit though. What are the dates for the Norfolk trip and how long is it?

suz742 Sat 02-Mar-13 18:38:32

If you go on parents part of site, right hand corner.The letters sent home link on left, on 26th Feb letter outlining overseas and residential trips. 25-27th Sept are the dates.
There is so much info on parents pages, great for preparing and for parents of boys who leave crumpled bits of paper to rot in school bags!

Somelikeithott Sat 02-Mar-13 18:52:17

Hi Divamum, welcome to the thread. I imagine it will be at least Wednesday before boys on the waiting list know. Because the schools over offer places, and the deadline for acceptance is Tuesday, that will be the earliest day they can reconcile numbers. And even then it would depend how far down on the waiting list. They will offer places, if they go to waiting list in order of the list and will need those people to accept or reject the places before they move down ( or not), the list.

All the best with the wait. Hope you get the news you want.

DivaMum23 Sat 02-Mar-13 19:07:15

Somelikeithott, thanks for your very informative reply, I should have said
my son is already at Whitgift this is for a friend who's son is on the waiting list, she is so upset.

Thanks again

burntoutdad Sat 02-Mar-13 19:37:04

suz742 - your post has made me realise something I had not thought of before...the term dates! The summer and easter term breaks are longer, 3 weeks longer in summer, 1 week in easter which equates to at least 4 extra weeks of childcare to consider for those working when factoring costs!
Just thought I would highlight that to anyone else who hadn't realised.
Divamum - when I called the school last week they asked me if DS was on the waiting list, which led me to believe that they have perhaps already started considering them. The scholarship offers have been a lot lower this year so im guessing there are a lot more rejections coming through considering the economic climate.

DivaMum23 Sat 02-Mar-13 20:18:40

burntoutdad- Thank you that is very encouraging

EyesWideClosed Sat 02-Mar-13 21:18:10

Thanks Suz742 I can see those parents' pages being invaluable. Letters never seem to make it past the school gates at the moment, and I can't see things changing in 6 months time.

Somelikeithott Sun 03-Mar-13 07:49:01

Divamum, burntout's post is encouraging. All the best to your friend's DS

Those of you with disorganised and unreliable boys heading to T will be delighted to know they email you letters too. smile

Kylep Sun 03-Mar-13 11:02:10

Suz-- great info thanks

Asterisk Sun 03-Mar-13 14:30:21

Any existing T parents taking part in the Quiz Night next weekend? Perhaps we could suggest a round on guessing the identity of mumsnetters (or mumsnutters as sometimes known in our family)...

Ladymuck Sun 03-Mar-13 20:46:50

I went to the W one for new parents last year, and our team won. Despite the fact that half of us didn't have a child at the school....

And I was at T yesterday looking at a rugby match in the distance, but couldn't see any soupdragons.

There was a soupdragon at the rugby but I left before the match smileSmallDragon2 was there though.

I'm not doing the quiz - I was meant to be going but I think I've got out of it!

burntoutdad Sun 03-Mar-13 22:25:25

We have been wondering what the stats were for this year for those interviewed and then offered. I realise not evryone had a scholarship offer but has anyone heard of a ds not getting an offer following interview? It almost seems that all interviewed are offered or waitlisted.

basildonbond Sun 03-Mar-13 22:41:36

I know of several boys who have not got a place following interview (and in some cases sports assessment as well) - for this year, and the last two years

burntoutdad Mon 04-Mar-13 06:46:50

Thats surprising bond. Was that at T, W or both? Well i say thats surprising but i remember now that some boys were tested and recalled before the interview (including us). So perhaps it was some of those who were didnt get a recall that were not offered after interview?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now