The Trinity-Whitgift thread of 2013 continued

(861 Posts)
Somelikeithott Sat 16-Feb-13 16:46:17

Hi all as I posted on previous thread, I realised we had hit the 1000 mark, do felt obliged to open a new one. Hope everyone finds this thread easily

Somelikeithott Fri 20-Sep-13 21:06:03

Lots to keep up with croydonmum, ( lol), just lucky I picked up on that. Thanks burntout, Congrats to your DS as well, and to fatalflower's as well.

burntoutdad Sat 21-Sep-13 08:26:30

Does anyone know if any extra kit has to be bought for the various team sports that the boys are trying out for?
Football, rugby, badminton etc? I seem to recall a discussion about tracksuits etc in school shop. Or is this for upper first onwards?

DivaMum23 Sat 21-Sep-13 09:42:58

burntoutdad my DS started in year 6 last year we got the track suit, although we were told at the time he might not need it in year 6, luckly as he made the A teams for Football, & Rugby he had to wear tracksuit for a few matches. I find it comes in very handy for early saturday morning training sessions . As for extra kit it's just games kit for rugby, hockey and football (shine pads for footie and gum shield for rugby, and hockey) and white kit and trainers for badminton.

burntoutdad Sat 21-Sep-13 18:42:24

Thanks diva, so school provide any other team kits needed above the white pe and rugby but not track suit?

TCofB Sat 21-Sep-13 19:57:27

Burnt - they will be given a football strip for matches (you don't have to buy them) and if they are not provided with a strip then they wear the blue games kit for a football match. Not sure whether L1 team next Thursday will get a strip as so many of them so any DS from this thread going pack games stuff in case!! For rugby matches in years 6 & 7 they always wear their own blue games kit. Keep an eye on "further information" for any fixture as there are sometimes team meetings where the boys are given any special instructions like timings and what to wear/bring. Mostly they travel in uniform on the minibus/coach and change at the fixture but sometimes they get the boys to change first and travel in track suit. Parents are always welcome to watch and support too :-)

Croydonmumtods Sat 21-Sep-13 22:00:14

Thanks Diva and TCofB. Last time I checked school shop had no tracksuits and no idea when they might be in so don't know if there is any update on that. I might email mr m to find out what kit they need on Thursday and will post if any further info.

burntoutdad Sun 22-Sep-13 07:34:04

Thanks TCofB. Yes there are is a long list for next week, if I've understood Ds correctly (and looking at fixtures) he recollects being told that both A and B teams are playing same day from both sides, but boys haven't been told which side they're in yet??? It's not very clear. I thought they have slightly different strips for A & B?
Diva sorry another question - did your Ds take part in the sports mentoring programme, and how effective do you find it, is there access to the mentors at anytime or scheduled meetings etc? (That's 4 questions smile).

I'm finding there's a hell of a lot of info to take in and keep up with so god knows what Ds is thinking!

Croydonmumtods Mon 23-Sep-13 10:19:34

burnt hott and fatal and all others on footie squad for Thursday. Kit required is games kit ie the rugby kit so this is what they will need to have.
Don't know much about the sports mentoring but sounds like it could be a good thing - hopefully all will be revealed on Monday!

DivaMum23 Mon 23-Sep-13 10:58:47

burnt sorry only just catching up after busy weekend. I don't recall a sport mentoring programme for the L1 last year. I guess it's new for this year.

TCofB Mon 23-Sep-13 12:22:40

hi burnt the sports mentoring programme is for lower and upper first sports scholars only as far as I am aware - it is by invitation only so not sure if it includes all sports scholars or some (think all though but am assuming so). The majority will be year 7s and then a smaller amount of year 6s as obviously the pool of year 7s is much larger. It did include year 6s last year who will continue on the programme this year as year 7s (I think)

Somelikeithott Mon 23-Sep-13 13:20:26

Thanks croydonmum.

There is so much to keep up with, but hopefully by the end of this term we should be a lot more in tune with things. The boys seem to be getting on with it all, though. Seem to be taking it in their strides.

Sports mentoring has got to be good for the boys, hopefully.

AllNewToUs Mon 23-Sep-13 22:58:56

Hi all. Trying to work out DS's journey home after match in Thursday. Does anyone know if they are all taken back to school and if so what sort of time? I think the match is an away game at CH? Don't think I'll be able to collect so wondering if there is any possibility of DS catching the 5.15 school bus (unlikely) home. Have asked ds to check with a coach tomorrow but he is likely to forget / be busy doing something else! Ps track suit bottoms still not arrived at shop. Think Mr M said end of this month. Apparently it's not a compulsory item for L1. But would be handy for training I'm sure!

TCofB Tue 24-Sep-13 07:01:24

the information the website says return 5.30pm to school so too late to catch the bus and those buses don't wait for anyone! This is where the contacts list will be useful to find someone else playing who might live near you. I will be going to watch the match and take my DS home - happy to give your DS a lift should you be in my general direction. PM me if you want to check

Croydonmumtods Tue 24-Sep-13 09:35:38

Agree re contact list TCofB. I will also be at the match and happy to help if needed - live locally. Do you know if it's ok to take them straight home from CH after the match or do they have to go back to the school first and collect from there?

TCofB Tue 24-Sep-13 09:54:35

yes you can take them straight from match

Somelikeithott Tue 24-Sep-13 10:03:20

I think we should start to get a contacts list together. Perhaps we can start on Thursday and take it from there. Also can get the WSA staff rep to send an email out to all parents asking if they want to be on contacts list to contact one of us. What do you think?

I'm happy to help with drop off on Thursday. I'll send you a PM allnewtous

AllNewToUs Tue 24-Sep-13 12:25:11

Thanks so much for your offers of help somelikeithott and Croydonmumtods - very kind of you! (somelikeithott I have replied to your PM - thank you). We are not local so wouldn't trouble you but it very much appreciated - juggled things around about and all sorted now and should be able to collect him from CH. Regarding the contact list, I did get a WSA email (18/09) with an attached letter invite to join the L1 contact list (you send details by email reply to a volunteer parent). So PM me if you didn't get this and if you would like the email address etc.

AllNewToUs Tue 24-Sep-13 12:30:05

Just PM'd you a copy & paste of the letter that was emailed out on 18th September re contact list, somelikeithott and Croydonmum. If anyone else needs this please let me know.

Somelikeithott Tue 24-Sep-13 12:38:13

Glad you've managed to sort something AllNew. Thanks for PM, now I remember receiving that email ( too much going on in my brain), DH promised to respond, I'll check that he has.

I think I know the lady who sent the email, so ill check with her as well, as to progress made and when list is likely to go out.

Croydonmumtods Tue 24-Sep-13 14:39:38

Thanks allnew I've emailed off my details. Hopefully we will get contact list soon which will make life a bit easier.

FatalFlowerGarden Tue 24-Sep-13 22:23:40

Hello all - great to see this thread still going. Ds and I are both shattered from the first couple of weeks - I keep thinking that ds needs a PA, not a mother these days smile. Have sent my details off to WSA, thanks for the reminder!

He is super, super excited about the match on Thurs; it has been a bit confusing about the A&B teams but I think he's happy just to be playing really.

Am sitting here surrounded by sticky-back plastic and spray mount - and there was I thinking I'd left all this behind in primary school!

havinganightmare Wed 25-Sep-13 07:15:52

You should swap emails via PM on here as it will take a few weeks for the list to come out. In our year someone did that and it was useful. I was exhausted until middle of this year from all the activities and early starts. Glad to hear all the boys are doing well! Good luck with the first matches.

Fendi17 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:07:47

Hello

This is my first post-pls be kind!
My DS is at W and hes not in the Rugby teams. From my understanding, the talk on Weds, he needs to attend school this sat for the sports dev programme for Upper First-is that correct?
Thanks in advance

TCofB Fri 27-Sep-13 19:20:56

sorry - not sure about that. In previous years on the fixtures website the sports dev programme had its fixtures listed with team sheet. Hopefully someone can help

Fendi17 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:48:51

Thank you. There is nothing on the web for the sports dev programme. I think I shall send him in tomorrow and see what happens.
The funny thing is that he is on the sports mentoring prog but didnt make a rugby team?...not that hes dis-pleased as he didnt enjoy the rugby trials

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now