The Trinity-Whitgift thread of 2013 continued

(859 Posts)
Somelikeithott Sat 16-Feb-13 16:46:17

Hi all as I posted on previous thread, I realised we had hit the 1000 mark, do felt obliged to open a new one. Hope everyone finds this thread easily

Hecticmumof4 Tue 10-Sep-13 21:30:45

YAY!! Tuesdays blog is up!!! LOL

Somelikeithott Tue 10-Sep-13 21:43:12

Yes Hectic, been checking on and off all evening. Managed to spot DS in 2 photos.

burntoutdad Wed 11-Sep-13 17:38:24

Just got in to news of a forth coming whitgift ski trip! Ds not back from current trip yet.
Starting to feel a little jealousy creeping in wink - he seems to be living the life.
Anyone planning to send Ds on ski trip? Is it the case that most go or a small group usually? Do those that don't feel left out? Don't know about these things.
What are your thoughts?

TweenageAngst Wed 11-Sep-13 18:01:10

I am planning on saving the Ski trip for year 7. Just had a nice chat to the boys. They are having a great time.

Croydonmumtods Wed 11-Sep-13 18:28:45

Spoke to ds today and he's not enjoying trip as much as he hoped but ok. I'm away too so feel a bit helpless. Never mind. Won't be doing ski trip this year anyway. Looking forward to seeing ds Saturday.sad

FatalFlowerGarden Wed 11-Sep-13 19:37:39

We won't be doing the ski trip. At almost £1000 before the kit's even bought, not a chance! Don't think ds will mind tbh; I don't think it would really be his thing...

Hope your ds is feeling a bit better tomorrow croydonmum. I think they're very used to the boys feeling a bit homesick so I'm sure he's being well looked after. I've not heard anything from my ds (rubbish phone,bad mother) so will just have to hope for a good blog update tonight grin. Am having a rare night out tomorrow as I don't have to worry about sitters, which will be fun, but am really looking forward to seeing him again!

burntoutdad Wed 11-Sep-13 19:41:15

That's a shame Croydon - perhaps he is a little home sick. Maybe this eve and tommorow he will brighten up and have some more fun. Not long before they are heading back now.
Tween - never thought of that - good idea, puts the pressure off for now.

AllNewToUs Wed 11-Sep-13 21:21:46

Croydonmum - my DS sounded a little tired tonight - he said he was having an "okay" time but I think the 5.45am alarm call this morning (v early start for Venice trip) knocked him for six a bit. I'm sure they are all having a good time, but probably feeling totally worn out and emotional at end of a very long day. Not the best state of mind for a call home! Fingers crossed your DS has a better day tomorrow.

Croydonmumtods Wed 11-Sep-13 23:07:55

Thank you all for your words of encouragement cheered me up no end. I'm sure ds will be fine he's just normally so upbeat it came as a bit of a surprise. fatal didn't even give him a phone he's been borrowing someone else's!

Hecticmumof4 Thu 12-Sep-13 07:37:36

I thought my DS was fine talking but lacked much oomph/ excitement in his voice.
He was happy though but I think he's a little homesick

He did also say every day they've been busy and they had had an early start that day so I think he's tired.
A friend of mine whos son went on LG trip said he came home tired!!!!!
See you all Saturday!

Somelikeithott Thu 12-Sep-13 10:04:19

I can imagine the boys being tired yesterday, I'm sure they had fun though, they generally looked pretty happy in update photo.

More relaxed start today, so hopefully they've built up gusto with a good night's rest.

Croydonmum, glad to read you feel a better.

I'm sure our DSs can't wait to fill us in personally on all they've been up to.

AllNewToUs Thu 12-Sep-13 13:29:39

I'm sure the cable car ride todaywill perk them all up a bit! Thankful I don't need to endure that! We watched a YouTube vid made by someone riding it before the trip and looked terrifyig to me (vertigo) but bet the boys will love it!

Somelikeithott Thu 12-Sep-13 14:01:56

Lol! Must be the same you tube video I watched yesterday.

FatalFlowerGarden Thu 12-Sep-13 23:05:56

now, is that my ds I see jumping into the pool? surely not!

Hecticmumof4 Fri 13-Sep-13 16:08:12

Thats lovely to see [fatal]

FatalFlowerGarden Sat 14-Sep-13 07:00:25

Waiting, waiting... Nothing on the blog as yet and radio silence from ds (well, no surprise there I suppose!) They must be in northern France by now?

burntoutdad Sat 14-Sep-13 07:37:42

Had text from Ds 6.30 am angry . Blog up now fatal they should arrive 9.00 am.

FatalFlowerGarden Sat 14-Sep-13 07:42:25

Just seen it, thanks bod! See you all in a bit then!

Croydonmumtods Tue 17-Sep-13 17:44:39

Just in case message dosnt get home to everyone football trials are Thursday lunchtime and rugby trials next Tuesday.

Hecticmumof4 Wed 18-Sep-13 09:00:19

V useful info [hott]. My DS didn't know this and he would be trialing on both
Thank you for sharing

Somelikeithott Wed 18-Sep-13 12:31:40

DS also mentioned there might be rugby trials during games lesson on Friday as well as the ones mentioned already.

Somelikeithott Thu 19-Sep-13 07:41:48

Hi all, note of correction. There is no games lesson tomorrow afternoon, as school finishes early, to set up for open morning on Saturday.

Croydonmumtods Thu 19-Sep-13 12:50:04

Thank goodness someone reads the emails properly Hott. I hadnt realised they finished at 2.15 tomorrow - thank you. Note to self - read everything thoroughly in future!

burntoutdad Thu 19-Sep-13 21:04:10

Well done to Dss Hott and Croydon wink

Croydonmumtods Fri 20-Sep-13 07:15:12

Thanks burnt and your ds too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now