LEH - how many applied/were interviewed?

(8 Posts)
CarrieGee Wed 30-Jan-13 18:26:47

Anyone know the numbers for Lady Eleanor Holles?

AlanW Thu 31-Jan-13 14:36:42

I have heard 168 or thereabouts. All interviewed.

CarrieGee Thu 31-Jan-13 17:02:05

AlanW, that number does seem rather low for the number who applied. St Benedict's had over 350 so I would have thought LEH had a much higher rate of attraction!

I also know of two girls who didn't get an interview.

Maybe a junior school parent might be able to shed further light?

Copthallresident Thu 31-Jan-13 19:04:27

That doesn't sound right, there are just over a 100 places, when DDs applied a few years ago it was 400 applying. They get a few less than the Surbitons, KGS's and Latymers, as applicants tend to self select on ability (and gender of course!) anyway. They have a cut off for achievement in the exam, below which they do not feel they could support a dd, so it isn't a set percentage interviewed and then quite a lot relies on the interview. In dds pressured hothouse prep 1 didn't get an interview, 3 didn't get in and 4 did. The following year they added a fifth class because they had so many good applicants, so must have taken 120+

kingstontwinmummy Thu 31-Jan-13 19:51:51

My dd sat the leh test this year and has done the interview. I saw that there were at least 400 girls coming out of the building and not everyone was interviewed.

Schmedz Sat 02-Feb-13 23:34:10

I would be very surprised if any less than 400 applied and I imagine that means around half would have been interviewed. I teach at a SW London indie and we regularly receive over 400 applications but every single child is interviewed as part of the selection process.
Have you asked the school? There is no reason for them to keep this information a secret!

muscatwine Tue 05-Feb-13 09:11:41

Sorry, you mean 400 applicants for 7+? Has anyone gotten an offer letter yet? I thought letters would be posted at start of February but I have not gotten anything yet!

muscatwine Tue 05-Feb-13 09:13:09

sorry, just realized that this is a discussion in secondary! ignore prior question. I am just anxious for results

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now