Urgent comment for Rishworth School in York

(6 Posts)
andtheycalleditbunnylove Mon 28-Jan-13 22:20:01

former friend's son went there from 11 to 18. he was a mid-ranking academic type and came out with good A levels. he'd be...22 now, so not so long ago.

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Mon 28-Jan-13 03:17:18

Locally it has the reputation of being where you send your children if they need more support than they might find in the majority of secondary schools. Which is a good thing, obviously, as they can find what they need there. I went to the prep open day last time and it looked really quite shabby by comparison with Hulme's Kindergarten in Oldham, although things may be quite different at secondary level. I hope that's somewhat useful.

PonyFanny Sun 20-Jan-13 12:57:47

Yes, It is located in west of York, can anybody comment on this school. I really
surprised that in ranked 1247 in FT 2012...since the GCSE O & A level similar to
those around ranked 500 , with beautiful campus, any unspoken reason ....like bullies..

Loshad Sat 19-Jan-13 15:08:39

yes, that is the only Rishworth i know of, on the edge of the pennines.

rezzle Sat 19-Jan-13 13:56:56

I'm not familiar with the school, but if it's the school I'm thinking of it's not in York, it's near Huddersfield which is about an hour west of York. I hope I am thinking of the same place, sorry if I'm not!

PonyFanny Sat 19-Jan-13 07:56:37

May I have your comment on this school since its examination results is fair when comparing with others like Ashville , Ackworth but ranked beyond 1000 in FT ranking list. ...thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now