Do many schools play Lacrosse these days, especially state schools?

(28 Posts)
PoodleChops Mon 14-Jan-13 17:15:49

As the title says, really smile
I played lacrosse at my state GS and still miss it sad I still have my old wooden stick and black boots lol!
It wasn't all that common for state schools to play back in my day and because of that, we always had to travel hours and hours to play other teams. Nine times out of ten, it was always a private/indie school we played against.
Just intrigued to see if it's still played in general.

PoodleChops Wed 16-Jan-13 17:10:47

Suffolkgirl1 , it was Essex University where I saw the "padded-to-the-max" brigade wink ISTR that they used to play it at Bournemouth University, too.

Suffolkgirl1 Wed 16-Jan-13 20:00:54

Ahh! they play DD's sixth former's occasionally. She went along to watch the last match against them (too small to play) and came home most disgruntled that the Essex Uni captain had asked if she was the team mascot!
I will have to ask her about the padding.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 16-Jan-13 20:06:52

DD is doing it this term (yr9) in her state GS - its with the plastic 'pop' sticks which she thinks are supposed to make scooping up easier <clueless, my state GS didn't do it>.

She likes it much better than hockey so far, but I'm not sure they do any more unless maybe there's an extracurricular club for the keen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now