Y7 Spanish- what verbs should a DC 'know'?

(11 Posts)
Erebus Tue 08-Jan-13 19:01:06

Are there any Y7+ Spanish teachers out there? Or someone who can direct me towards a list of the verbs (and nouns, for that matter!) that a Y7 DC should ideally have mastered by the end of the year?

TIA

Erebus Thu 10-Jan-13 08:05:31

Bump?

BooksandaCuppa Thu 10-Jan-13 13:17:44

Do they not have a textbook with modules being studied in them? There's usually a list of vocabs including verbs in each section of a traditional textbook and usually each textbook would cover one school year. Also, many schools recommend specific websites such as linguascope.

Has your school not given any guidance...or are you home ed'ing?

Summersbee Thu 10-Jan-13 19:07:23

It's not specific to Year 7, but here's a lovely free link to getting to grips with 'Ser' and 'Estar' which are two Spanish verbs which mean 'to be' - very useful!
http://www.agreenmouse.com/yo-soy-versus-yo-estoy-spanish-listening-practice-for-children/

GoingBackToSchool Sat 19-Jan-13 20:34:29

In my school the children learn Spanish in year 8, and they learn jugar (to play), estar/ser (to be), hablar (to speak), escuchar (to listen) and escribir (to write) smile They don't learn them all at once though obviously :D some they just pick up as they go along

Erebus Sun 20-Jan-13 12:06:21

Thanks.

BooksandaCuppa Sun 20-Jan-13 12:49:43

Ha! GoingBackToSchool - ds has just been given all those you listed to learn this weekend!

Muddles2 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:44:35

BooksandaCuppa - have a look at the ser and estar link above - it's really helpful!

BooksandaCuppa Sun 20-Jan-13 17:50:17

Thanks - just realised he's also got to dance/to sing/to write/to allow too...practising regular verbs, I guess. All new to me. Am good at French and some of it is very similar - lack of personal pronoun with verbs, I can't get my head around!

Tinuviel Mon 21-Jan-13 00:40:28

Our year 8 top set do an hour a fortnight and so only learn tener and ser as they tend to cover more nouns/adjectives at the start. But first term of year 9 they cover regular ar/er/ir, radical changing verbs and gustar/encantar. I think they also do a few irregulars - salir and hacer. (Haven't got my scheme of work to hand.)

Muddles2 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:42:05

It's true personal pronouns are often left out in Spanish, but they do exist. Do the words 'yo soy un hombre sincero ... y yo un volcán' ring any bells with anyone?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now