Jan GCSE modules

(87 Posts)
creamteas Sat 05-Jan-13 18:35:50

Anyone else have DC with January modules? How is the revision going? My DD has 4 papers (English Lang & 3 Science).

The science is not a problem, has always achieved As, so no worries there. But but the English is a real worry. As she is ASD she really struggles with interpretation and imagination.

It is not helped by the fact that it is not really possible to have any certainly about where the grade boundaries are anymore.....

TheOriginalSteamingNit Tue 22-Jan-13 21:05:39

Thank you for the nice posts this morning: don't you just hate it when you know you spectacularly mishandled things just before school, eh?

So I expect we shall all be seeing each other on a similar thread from May to August...

boschy Wed 23-Jan-13 08:43:05

DD1 gets the results of her English IGCSE today, everything crossed she gets the magic C.

boschy Wed 23-Jan-13 11:49:07

SHE BLOODY WELL DID IT!!!!! got 66 marks, so only just off a B. Clever clever clever girl, so proud of her I have even had a little weep [embarassed smiley]

She's still got to sit the AQA one again, but the IGCSE gets her into 6th form to do her choices.

Hope everyone else's DC are coping wth the exams.

bruffin Wed 23-Jan-13 12:53:43

Well done boschys dd. Ds has his maths on friday. Not so happy about decision maths , but more confident with mechanical maths.
He has set himself high standards so i hope he does ok.

creamteas Wed 23-Jan-13 18:28:50

Great news boschys, I am really worried about the magic C for my DD.

Why does she still have to retake AQA? I think I'd be suggesting quit while you are ahead grin

JustinMumsnot Wed 23-Jan-13 18:31:42

Well done to your DD Boschy! DD is currently in her bedroom stressing about not being able to remember any chemistry for tomorrow's exam. I have made various suggestions none of which were deemed helpful.

boschy Wed 23-Jan-13 18:41:28

she gets a free AQA resit as a result of the debacle over marking last summer; and AQA is regarded as 'better' than IGCSE by the likes of RG unis (irrelevant to her). she wants to do the AQA resit as she reckons she can get her course work up to an A and then scrape through the exam bit and perhaps end up with a B.

I understand none of the exam ins and outs, but she seems to know exactly what she is doing, and apart from occasional episodes of vile bad temper/screeching she seems to be on top of stuff.

cream I too was really worried, I hope your DD can crack it. justin I feel your pain, none of my suggestions are ever helpful apparently either!

Maths will be our biggest hurdle, and I do foresee multiple retakes, god help us all.

KatyMac Wed 23-Jan-13 19:03:01

Oh how wonderful - congratulations

Poor DD was hassled today about some 'controlled assessment' she hasn't done

Well it's a bit hard to work when you keep falling asleep sad

creamteas Wed 23-Jan-13 19:53:36

I tried suggesting with my eldest, it didn't work, I tried again with my second, same again.

Third time round, I have given up with the 'helpful' suggestions and just hoping that the shut bedroom door is a sign of revision grin. To be fair DD, got some good results last summer, so I really ought to have faith... But well, you know teenagers are easily distracted.

Katy sorry to hear things are still difficult for your DD

creamteas Thu 24-Jan-13 18:15:35

Any insight from any one on chemistry this morning, all I get is a shrug hmm.

Just physics to go now, thankfully

JustinMumsnot Fri 25-Jan-13 14:54:01

Creamteas - DD said it was OK. It seemed to be fairly straightforward apart from the first supposedly easy question where she gave the same answer as one of the really clever boys in the class but another equally clever boy had a completely different answerl! No more detail than that! Waiting for her to come home and say how Physics went now.

creamteas Sat 26-Jan-13 08:40:33

Thanks Justin, DD did physics as well. No point worrying now, just have to wait till March....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now