St Christopher's Letchworth - advice needed!

(5 Posts)
Helloall Fri 22-Mar-13 20:11:36

Hi there,

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your son's bullying.

St Christophers is a great school. It prides itself on managing bullying and fostering real and meaningful friendships. So on the bullying front they will work really hard on your child's self esteem if needed. On a pastoral front - St Christopher's is pretty much as good a bet as you can have when choosing a secondary school. I have been researching it for my son's secondary and have spoken to lots of present and past pupils and families.

There are lots of children with specific learning difficulties like dyslexia, but of course, dyslexia has got nothing to do with intelligence. Considering the intake is mixed ability their results are brilliant.

Its not a traditional school so if that's what you are looking for it might disappoint.

I would really recommend you call them up and go and meet them. Be frank about your situation because at the end of the day, if you are paying out for fees you want to be as sure as you can it will suit your child.

I think it has everything to offer a very able child in a kind and supportive environment.

Magdalena45 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:27:22

Thank you, takeonboard!

takeonboard Fri 01-Feb-13 17:15:27

St Christophers was recommended to me a couple of years ago when I was looking to move my academic DS due to bullying at his selective school. I didn't look at it because we are in central London so the travelling just wasn't feasible, but I was told that the pastoral care was excellent.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with 1st hand knowledge

Magdalena45 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:09:01

Magdalena45 Fri 04-Jan-13 00:06:52

Does anyone have any feed back on how st christopher's might suit a highly academic child who is being bullied elsewhere? Would a child like that be challenged there (would work well independently)?
Any views gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now