Help AS philosphy

(4 Posts)
IDontKnowWhereMyMedalsAre Thu 27-Dec-12 05:50:05

Pottering, he does plan, (got that one down pat for GCSES lol) but in this subject the 3 main bullet points just keep expanding because he cant see the bigger picture in 3 points but a lower level and 3 points becomes 33 hence the too much to say and too little time.

Ladyletch I have pm'd you. many thanks for taking the trouble in your well deserved holidays.

LadyLetch Wed 26-Dec-12 21:11:38

I teach AS Philosophy. Feel free to pm me if you want any help / support. I have previously examined the paper too. What units does he study? I may not know enough to help With content, but I can help with style.

Does he spend 3 minutes writing an essay plan before he starts? He can ask for scrap paper and having a plan to refer to can help no end.

IDontKnowWhereMyMedalsAre Wed 26-Dec-12 12:39:38

DS is revising hard for January exams (thats the good news) however he is mind blown with philosophy. He is predicted an A but is currently stuggling because he cant narrow down and express clearly his thoughts in the time limit. He has been practising and has previous exam questions but he's gettting all of a bother and I have no idea how to help. Of course I am googling and looking elsewhere, he will contact teacher as soon as school restarts, but anyone with experience and/ or tips would be very welcome at this point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now