another Kingsdale thread bites the dust

(178 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 10-Dec-12 16:00:19

So the whole thread has gone - positive comments ,queries ,critical comments .

Kind of makes posting on internet forums unattractive .

Any pretence of a space where comment and ideas can be exchanged blown .

gingeroots Fri 08-Feb-13 07:43:07

Thanks prh , must have been a glitch .

My paranoia seeping through the ether to infect other sites smile

prh47bridge Thu 07-Feb-13 22:02:03

Ofsted site working normally for me. A search shows the school and going into the school's record shows the Ofsted report.

Did you try searching for any other schools? It is not unknown for a site's search facility to break. Mumsnet's was broken a while ago when I was looking for one of my old posts!

gingeroots Thu 07-Feb-13 20:26:02

I tried to find the Ofsted report on the Ofsted site and couldn't - not by nearest address to home ,not by LA ,not by schools name and address .

Eventually I had to go through this thread and use the link posted earlier .

And actually ,even if you enter the schools URN into the Ofsted search it comes up with zero results .

I would normally think that this was a glitch on the Ofsted site ,but I do wonder .

legalalien Thu 07-Feb-13 12:46:59

Gosh. This completely passed me by. Off to google.

motherinferior Wed 06-Feb-13 21:42:47

<waits agog for Mysterious Disapparition>

<wonders if KD will demand all league tables will be similarly disapparated>

gingeroots Wed 06-Feb-13 21:39:43

Good lord ,another deletion ?

Why ,just why ?

CarlingBlackMabel Wed 06-Feb-13 19:00:14

MNHQ - could we have some sort of special effect to make these deletions a bit more interesting?

An explosion graphic that goes across the page at the moment of deletion? A fanfare? Something gruesome?

Still, 3 days.....

Let me say in complete theoretical abstract. Schools are part of our communities. They educate our children, we contribute our taxes, we entrust our children to them - they have a huge influence in our lives. We like to talk WITH them.

And in general, people react badly to not being able to voice their views.

Anyway, I'm done. No intention of making life hard (er) for MNHQ, who are, I believe on the side of free speech.

SHAZZAM!

<<disappears in a big flash of coloured smoke>>

Hovisloaf Mon 04-Feb-13 11:03:58

You have hit the nail on the head CBM, in fact I have seen other posters accusing you of being too positive about the school previously. Why you and your posts have been treated in this way is unfathomable.

aliasPrickleandJones Sun 03-Feb-13 10:31:37

Too right CBM.

pippibluestocking Sat 02-Feb-13 23:18:29

Well said CBM,( though both your and my post will be deleted tomorrow I imagine!)

CarlingBlackMabel Sat 02-Feb-13 17:06:35

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CarlingBlackMabel Sat 02-Feb-13 16:59:47

I would like to state categorically that in my deleted posts there was not the slightest hint of a conspiracy theory or underhand gossip.

As Psammy said, I was commenting in general about the many unexpected spikes and dips this year across many S London schools, I have, as a result of some close encounters with the school always spoken out in favour of the dedicated teacheing, happy childen etc. For the sake of all families in S London I want KD to succeed and to be highly thought of, and continue to deliver a good education.

psammyad Fri 01-Feb-13 08:55:25

The admin post on the EDF was quite odd, to be sure.
Think they may well have been exasperated (putting it very mildly) with ALL sides.

FlouncingMintyy Fri 01-Feb-13 08:30:04

Thanks for your post prh!

amillionyears Thu 31-Jan-13 23:25:52

Lambethlady, I have no idea who you are.
But any poster who rolls up and bad mouths people loses my attention immediately.

Lambethlady Thu 31-Jan-13 23:16:50

If this thread was discussing an Ofsted report then there would be no negativity as in my view as it is clear in black & white .... Kingsdale is a good school with outstanding behaviour for pupils. Shit results this year but schools have result spikes. It is the underhand gossip & ridiculous conspiracy theories that annoy me. If any of you have genuine concerns contact the school or don't select as an option - simple ?

Levantine Thu 31-Jan-13 23:03:44

Just to add - I have no interest in running down a good school, I am desperate for there to be more good schools in the area.

My best friend and my brother both went to Kingsdale in the 1980s. It was appalling. Thank God it has turned around - so, what next is a legitimate question

Levantine Thu 31-Jan-13 22:58:58

Lambethlady.

I have been following this thread as a parent with a primary age dc in the area. There are bloody thousands of us hoping to get our children into a half decent state comprehensive in this part of South London.It is imo entirely legitimate to discuss an Ofsted report of a tax funded school (or indeed any school) online.

Alonglongway Thu 31-Jan-13 22:51:02

I'm optimistic about Kingsdale. I see signs of improvement in the communication that comes home. My only comparison is with older DC in same school but it is distinctly better. These online fora play a part in my view.

Lambethlady Thu 31-Jan-13 22:49:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Laysy89 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:21:38

prh47bridge Thu 31-Jan-13 22:07:14

Both.

By the way, a post on the EDF forum from the administrators there suggests they don't understand the law regarding libel. They talk about collecting details of posters to forward to the authorities when requested and also refer to "teacher coming back with the police". Libel is a civil matter, not a criminal one. The police would not get involved.

amillionyears Thu 31-Jan-13 21:54:54

Laysy, do you mean the MNHQ administrators or EDF administrators?

Laysy89 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:47:08

amillionyears we have been told it by the administrators, if you type in Kingsdale all you need to do is look at the number of deleted threads and deleted posts.

It is hard to explain this situation without having this removed as well.

amillionyears Thu 31-Jan-13 18:49:01

There are indeed plenty of bread maker threads, Carling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now