another Kingsdale thread bites the dust

(178 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 10-Dec-12 16:00:19

So the whole thread has gone - positive comments ,queries ,critical comments .

Kind of makes posting on internet forums unattractive .

Any pretence of a space where comment and ideas can be exchanged blown .

TimeChild Fri 25-Jan-13 11:54:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Alonglongway Fri 25-Jan-13 16:32:59

Ah.....good times....

FlouncingMintyy Fri 25-Jan-13 16:41:45

hmm hmm hmm

TimeChild Fri 25-Jan-13 16:49:38

shock hmm hmm

gingeroots Fri 25-Jan-13 19:32:41

prh - mumsnet don't give reasons for deletion .
Just the message that appears on the thread regarding breaking guidelines .

pippibluestocking Fri 25-Jan-13 23:47:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

gingeroots Sat 26-Jan-13 09:43:56

pippibluestocking Sat 26-Jan-13 12:00:19

pippibluestocking Sat 26-Jan-13 12:01:06

FlouncingMintyy Sun 27-Jan-13 20:06:03

Hq - have you been threatened to the extent that you have to delete every single message about this school? If so, could you please say so? Or make a public statement in the same way that you did about swmnbn. It would hopefully stop people from feeling that they are being unreasonably censored or picked on in some way.

pippibluestocking Sun 27-Jan-13 21:48:19

Ho ho - there you go a first deletion, followed by a 2nd and 3rd (the last of which was a typo correction). None were libelous and only voiced questions that any person will be thinking. Kingsdale - if you think that by demanding the deletion of posts that simply voice the questions and concerns that many parents have, that these concerns will go away, you are sadly misguided. This year's results will be very telling

gingeroots Mon 28-Jan-13 10:14:02

I'm sorry but I think this has got out of hand .

Post deleted for asking why a decision ( said decision mentioned in Ofsted report ) was made by school ?

Libel ?

Really ?

gingeroots Mon 28-Jan-13 10:38:10

And if I disappear from this thread it won't be from choice .

CarlingBlackMabel Mon 28-Jan-13 11:47:10

If I were a parent with kids currently in the school (I am a parent in the area) I would want an explanation, in some detail, about the causes behind the 'significant dip' and a clear and detailed statement about what measures would be taken. I am sure any cohort in any school can under-perform against target. Targets are really only educated guesses, and a few lazy scrotes (or teenagers as we call them) over average can surely skew a year's results. It's madness to think that any school can improve or hold a sky-high results every year.

I hope parents are being given more details than appear in the ofsted report.

But KD has had 'fair banding' for a few years now so I would have thought the overall results would generally be average against the national average.

We really need this school to be a continued success in S London, so I have no patience with any malicious rumour-mongering (if and when it occurs) but deleting discussion of publicly available facts is outrageous.

CarlingBlackMabel Tue 29-Jan-13 15:37:27

FlouncingMintyy Tue 29-Jan-13 18:02:17

Another reason why Kingsdale is widely discussed is because anyone can apply. Interest in most schools is broadly confined to those in the catchment or thinking of moving to the catchment. An awful lot of families can and do put Kingsdale on their list and hope for a place in the lottery.

TimeChild Tue 29-Jan-13 18:37:06

Mabel and Flouncyy, good points.

Tables are interesting reading, particularly the VA scores. Lewisham which traditionally was said to have better schools than Southwark, most of them dip under the crucial 1000 mark. Southwark fares better as does Lambeth. Across Southwark, Lambeth, Lewisham and Wandsworth though, only London Nautical and Deptford Green has lower VA scores than that school.

Hovisloaf Thu 31-Jan-13 08:51:41

if anyone saw the East Dulwich Forum threads yesterday, they were rather interesting but have all been deleted now, according to the administrator it is because the same group of people who have an axe to grind are using the forum to display such feelings. The forum yesterday was interesting but not malicious or didn't appear to being grinding any axes. This whole censorship malarkey is beyond acceptable now hmm

FlouncingMintyy Thu 31-Jan-13 09:47:24

Agreed. I find I am unable to say anything else!

Lowlands Thu 31-Jan-13 09:58:07

http://www.kingsdalefoundationschool.org.uk/page32/styled/

So even at 49% A*-C inc Maths and English after resits/remarks etc this is still below the LA average, UK average and 11% below the previous year. This is still a significant drop.

gingeroots Thu 31-Jan-13 10:11:04

But are you allowed to say that on line ?

Lowlands Thu 31-Jan-13 10:40:54

well if they have published themselves then why not? although wait I guess even that could be debated, maybe it should be reported?

Alonglongway Thu 31-Jan-13 10:56:07

What does functional English and maths mean?

Lowlands Thu 31-Jan-13 10:58:54

http://store.aqa.org.uk/resourceZone/pdf/functional-skills/AQA-FSK-W-LEAFLET.PDF

Functional skills are additional qualifications

gingeroots Thu 31-Jan-13 11:11:13

Oh dear I feel silly posting this on here but ...
p*****e - your account on EDF seems to have been deactivated ,can you PM me on here .
If you're around on here ,which I expect you are .

goes off muttering about George Orwell ......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now