another Kingsdale thread bites the dust

(178 Posts)
gingeroots Mon 10-Dec-12 16:00:19

So the whole thread has gone - positive comments ,queries ,critical comments .

Kind of makes posting on internet forums unattractive .

Any pretence of a space where comment and ideas can be exchanged blown .

TimeChild Fri 14-Dec-12 18:29:06

Am I imagining it but have the goal posts of censorship moved a bit? I think the criteria of 'libellous' seem more stringent than in the past.

AfterEightMintyy Fri 14-Dec-12 21:40:50

Were it not for the fact that I have been out for a lovely event and am feeling very benign towards the world, I would actually be enraged by that deletion. As it is, it feels extremely 1984.

gingeroots Fri 14-Dec-12 23:19:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

blindworm Sat 15-Dec-12 00:49:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Lowlands Sat 15-Dec-12 01:26:09

Can someone PM me to let me know what AfterEightMintyy said to be delete? I have been out at my xmas do all day and missed it...

gingeroots Sat 15-Dec-12 09:15:07

I have PM'd you Lowlands .

gingeroots Sat 15-Dec-12 09:53:55

Alonglongway Sat 15-Dec-12 11:09:22

I saw it - no idea how libel could be read into it.....

AfterEightMintyy Sat 15-Dec-12 11:13:25

I can't remember if I said the word threaten. I do remember trying to be v careful over my wording.

Lowlands Sat 15-Dec-12 15:41:23

utter madness. BTW still no word on the inspection grading, clearly there are rumours but nothing official or even unofficial has been said to the teachers.

SminkoPinko Fri 04-Jan-13 00:31:19

How much longer till the report is out? [drums fingers nervously and impatiently]

CarlingBlackMabel Wed 09-Jan-13 16:32:22

So is the Ofsted report published?
Or the exam results?
Shouldn't they have been by now?
confused

prh47bridge Wed 09-Jan-13 18:58:42

Seeing this thread again reminds me to thank Blindworm for reposting my explanation regarding libel. I hadn't kept a copy myself.

SminkoPinko Wed 09-Jan-13 20:32:56

The Ofsted report isn't out afaik. The boys haven't brought one home and it's not on the ofsted website. Maybe we haven't had 15 working days since the inspection yet?

Alonglongway Thu 10-Jan-13 09:08:13
brockmum Thu 10-Jan-13 09:44:01

Well done to Kingsdale! Thrilled (and relieved!) my son is at a school that is 'good' across the board, and 'outstanding' in terms of behaviour and safety. Bearing in mind that the school was assessed under the new Ofsted Framework, where schools have to be exceptionally good to be deemed 'outstanding', they've done very well - especially with the challenges they've faced over the last 18 months or so!

TimeChild Thu 10-Jan-13 10:40:28

BoundandRebound Thu 10-Jan-13 16:00:32

Excellent report for students and families at the school

The new criteria came into effect in September 2012 so I'm not sure that's quite true timechild. Not that it matters too much.

Good luck to all families waiting for their secondary school allocation, hopefully this will help to set their minds at ease

TimeChild Thu 10-Jan-13 16:21:40

Here we go again. A good ofsted report seems not to have made a jot of difference to the censorship.

Sorry boundandrebound, didn't realise there was yet another change in the ofsted criteria so recently, but I don't think that was the reason my post was deleted.

TimeChild Thu 10-Jan-13 16:43:57

...and in case you are wondering I didn't post anything abusive or offensive. pm me if you want to know!

BoundandRebound Thu 10-Jan-13 17:02:00

Holy shit under what basis could what timechild posted be even vaguely considered libellous?

TimeChild Thu 10-Jan-13 17:11:05

Thank you, boundandrebound.

I thought that now the school has official and positive endorsement from ofsted that all this censorship nonsense will go away and we will be able to discuss it sensibly. Looks like I was wrong. I must say it's provocative and gets my hackles up!

CarlingBlackMabel Thu 10-Jan-13 17:13:16

I am quite shocked at that deletion.

The ofsted is positive. I'm really pleased. Parents often stated satisfaction with teaching and their child's happiness in the school is echoed by ofsted.

I will post 3 statements C&Pd from the ofsted report, prefaced by 'interesting that'. One of them is what TimeChild said.

Interesting that students eligible for pupil premium make better rates of progress than other students in the school.
Interesting that the school chose not to make use of Ofsted’s staff questionnaire.
Interesting that the proportion of students leaving school and entering employment, education or training is well above the national average.

The whole report is interesting - ofsted reports always are, to parents and local people. The facts were in the report - facts!

swhobbit Thu 10-Jan-13 18:52:37

Hearty congratulations to all the SMT , teachers & support staff for an well written factual report that , despite all the critics & negative press , has backed up everything us lunatic , brain washed parents have been consistently saying , Kingsdale is a great school. But the most rewarding part is the attitude and behaviour of our kids , amazing reading. Every parent's dream is a happy school where our kids are well supported & given every opportunity to develop into well balanced adults , who achieve to their best abilities. I hope that any parent that is lucky enough to get a place this year can feel relief that the school is one where their kids will thrive. When I read the report to my son tonight he just said " mum , we love our school , it is the best "

prh47bridge Thu 10-Jan-13 20:15:42

I'll be honest and say I thought TimeChild's post might get deleted as soon as I read it. Whilst it may not have seemed offensive there was a potentially libellous comment, although not seriously so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now