Proud mam thread, DS1 (year 10) has had a great thing happen :)

(18 Posts)
CuriousMama Sun 09-Dec-12 12:56:36

Thanks smile

changeforthebetterforObama Sat 08-Dec-12 22:34:14

Aww! Good on your DS and good on you too!

CuriousMama Sat 08-Dec-12 22:32:04

Thank you smile

I didn't even ask him who or what the paper was on. My mam told me on the phone though blush It's Franz Ferdinand.

mumeeee Sat 08-Dec-12 21:12:59

Well done to your DS curiosmama that's brilliant.

losingtrust Sat 08-Dec-12 19:18:19

Well done to your son.

senua Sat 08-Dec-12 09:15:35

Ah, thanks gnocci. That makes more sense.

gnocci Fri 07-Dec-12 14:16:49

Senua I think the OP meant giving him an A LEVEL in year 8, not a level. An A LEVEL like you do at sixth form.

Well done OP's DS!

CuriousMama Fri 07-Dec-12 14:12:38

Oh forgot to say senua you didn't rain on my parade not sure why you thought you had?

CuriousMama Fri 07-Dec-12 14:11:49

Wow that must be an exciting job! An old school friend of mine works for NASA too. He seems to work all over the place? Thanks Welovecouscous.

Welovecouscous Fri 07-Dec-12 14:07:44

You are dead right to be proud - what a bright boy!

When I was 15 a boy was asked to give us all a talk about space because he knew a lot about it. He ended up working at NASA!

Sounds like your DS is doing brilliantly.

CuriousMama Fri 07-Dec-12 14:05:21

They said the history paper would've been A*a. What's an NC level?

senua Fri 07-Dec-12 08:55:10

That's great news grin but ...

Why are they giving him a NC Level in Y10? I thought that, once they got to the GCSE years, they used GCSE descriptors.
Also, what's the school's record on English GCSE? Do they get a respresentative number of top grades i.e. do they know what to do to support your hadn't-been-done-before DS?

Sorry to rain on your parade. Well done to DS!

CuriousMama Thu 06-Dec-12 22:18:27

Thanks all.

He's just told my mam over the phone. She'll be telling everyone.

It's good he's doing so well considering exmil, his adored gran, is very poorly. Exdh is just back from holiday and said she may not last the week? sad She's so lovely and ds1 is very close to her. The way he's handled this has made me even prouder of him. Even though he's a teenager he's such a rock.

drjohnsonscat Thu 06-Dec-12 21:36:02

That's great. Good for him. It must be lovely to see his talent recognised.

circular Thu 06-Dec-12 21:33:05

That's brilliant. Glad he has the personality to enjoy it and be proud of himself too.

WarmFuzzyFun Thu 06-Dec-12 21:25:29

Thanks so lovely CuriousMama.

webwiz Thu 06-Dec-12 21:11:23

Well done to your DS CuriousMama it sounds like he has a real talent for writing smile

CuriousMama Thu 06-Dec-12 20:20:06

DS1 is very bright, always has been. He's top in a lot of his subjects, main one being English. They had to ask about giving him a level in year 8 because it hadn't been done before at that school? He wants to be a writer so being good at English is obviously a bonus.
Lately he's been mentioning that he's top in History. Then the other day he came in and said his teacher made the whole class read his work to see how it should be done. Today he told me they've printed it off to give to pupils in other classes shock Luckily he hasn't had the micky taken out of him, his friends are good about it. He has a great dry sense of humour and is popular so it helps.

I'm just so proud of him. I'm proud of both my dss of course. It's just such a good thing to happen and must really boost his confidence smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now