Is it normal to give a DS detention for something a parent hasn't done?

(81 Posts)
Ilisten2theradio Tue 04-Dec-12 18:13:09

DS had a 15 minute detention today because I hadn't signed last weeks homework planner.

I had seen it and forgotten to sign it. BUT I think it is unfair to give him a detention for something that I didn't do.

WWYD? Or WDY think?

gallivantsaregood Thu 06-Dec-12 19:38:34

TBH I think that saying it is the child's responsibility is in mnay circumstances unfair.

Ok this was an accident. But not all parents are consciencious and some just don't care and some may even just refuse because they are gits! And the child recveives the punishment......

It is my opinion ( and I am allowed to have it) that there are still lots of teachers around who enjoy the power imbalance of child/teacher and I have a wee problem with that.

I am also aware there are lots of really great teachers too, but that doesn't help the kids stuch with not only crap parents but power hungry teachers to boot!

Rant over smile

ChippingInAWinterWonderland Thu 06-Dec-12 23:18:55

Rooney - meet you in the stationery cupboard wink

(Did you notice that not a buggers one replied to my very important question??)

DoesntTurkeyNSproutSoupDragOn Fri 07-Dec-12 07:23:27

DSs planner is a horrid cheap thing with a saffron coloured cover. TBH, I expected at least a Moleskine from the fees we're paying grin

RooneyMara Fri 07-Dec-12 07:41:54

I know. You'd think there was something more urgent to talk about wouldn't you. grin

RooneyMara Fri 07-Dec-12 07:42:34

Oh sleep deprived x posts! Not Moleskine, how could they...crikey.

DoesntTurkeyNSproutSoupDragOn Fri 07-Dec-12 07:54:46

It's a disgrace <<shakes head>>

On topic though, I signed 2 planners for the last 2 weeks this morning and suggested DS1 learn to forge his father's signature (it's easy).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now