What are peoples thoughts on the English Baccalaureate ??

(205 Posts)

I know what I think, but i'm wondering if i'm alone in my thoughts.

So, any opinions ?

allegrovivace Wed 28-Nov-12 17:18:57

Just wish they hadn't decided to throw the baby out with the bathwater! Why not cut down the number of retakes possible, have exams set by one board to reduce the race to the bottom, and retain the good stuff about GCSEs - breadth of choice, use of coursework as well as final exam?

TalkinPeace2 Wed 28-Nov-12 17:32:55

they have already DONE the whole of your list
but the idiot gove does not seem to understand that two year courses take a little while to show results

chloe74 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:38:42

I think all the changes will be good but you get to a point where you have rubbed an incorrect answer out so many times that your page starts looking dirty and full of errors. Sometimes the only option is to start a fresh page and get it right from the beginning. The GCSE had become so discredited that a break from the past is the only way to restore confidence in the system. I am pretty sure all the improvements will be kept and the baby will be looked after, in a nice new bath with clean water. Its understandable that some people are afraid of change but we have to keep reaching for the stars and not stay cowering in the cave forever.

TalkinPeace2 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:43:19

Chloe
the changes only look a mess if you do not let the ink dry before making another one
and GCSE had become so discredited
evidence please

ravenAK Wed 28-Nov-12 21:18:22

Which 'changes will be good'?

& why would you be 'pretty sure all the improvements will be kept'?

Which improvements?

Please be specific & support your assertions with evidence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now