Hollyfield fast track

(6 Posts)
surburbiangolddust Wed 14-Nov-12 18:37:19

Hi, trying to get ds into the Fast Track at Hollyfield in Surbiton..... anyone got any idea what they test them on and how - ie is it NVR? VR? maths? english? etc

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Fri 16-Nov-12 12:59:25

DD is at Coombe Girls School in the fast track group, now in year 8.

They streamed initially according to SATs results and reports from primary schools, with some adjustments after CAT tests which were taken early in year 7. After that they need to work hard and keep up their standards as they are given 2 graded assessments for each subject each term and they will be moved down if they are not working towards the high targets for the express stream.

I would think that the system will be pretty similar at Hollyfield as the schemes appear to be the same.

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Sun 18-Nov-12 09:02:16

(waves to Carrots)

Ds is at CBS in top set, and they do it the same as the girls.
No verbal reasoning stuff a la Tiffins.

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Sun 18-Nov-12 23:35:08

Hi MrsRD smile

allblondegirls Mon 19-Nov-12 13:02:34

Hi,

I am not really sure what the purpose of the Hollyfield fast track test is. They don't award all 60 fast test places after the test and some pass the test but on entering the school are moved out quite quickly. Others are put into fast track on the basis of SATS results. There is also some movement into fast track in years 7 and 8 as the children are closely monitored. The test is multiple choice and as I understand it maths and english type questions. I wouldn't get too bothered about it, if your child is meant to be in fast track they will end up there whether they pass the test or not.

surburbiangolddust Tue 20-Nov-12 15:58:56

Hmm thanks all, ds is currently mucking around at primary school and needs to be sat on - he's got the brains but not the discipline so hoping fast track will keep him inline and focussed - it is just getting him in there to start with that'll be the struggle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now