Info on LVS Ascot?

(34 Posts)
lme30005 Sat 22-Sep-12 22:04:17

Hi

I'm considering this school for my DS and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of it. It is non selective but still gets very good results.

My DS is probably able to get into a selective school but I like the fact that its co-ed, it seems friendly, and facilities are good.

The main issue I have is paying a lot of money every term for a school which doesn't have the best results or pupils going on to the best universities. How can I tell my DS won't miss out by not going to a selective school (if that makes sense!) It's so hard trying to figure out what's the 'best' school for him

Thanks

Knowhere Sun 09-Dec-12 00:47:34

Any details on that?...
My son will be staring his year 10, Sept 2013. I am a bit anxious...it is a senitive and emphatic boy.

Knowhere Sun 09-Dec-12 22:59:37

Oops! I meant the details of LVS Ascot: what about bullying?!
The school, headmasters and the students look friendly; crowded a bit, considering the number of students (do they ever have an opportunity of using all the facilities? i.e. swimming pool)? HELP! The last moment to run away!

Chee33 Sat 03-Aug-13 16:06:09

Hi, I know this thread was a while ago but I'm intrigued to know what decision you made? My D goes to LVS and it's a lovely school! Annoys me when people comment and they haven't had any connection with the school or siblings attending the school! Let's be honest, when your paying for a school you always hear people complaining for 1 reason or another.

SlimShaydee Wed 14-Aug-13 13:33:39

moving to the uk in january, considering lvs for my two kids, in junior and senior school. But i'm a bit concerned about the mixed reviews I've read on the thread. when we visited the school, we were impressed by the staff and the facilities although the school was not in session. I would really appreciate it if someone could give us more, recent information about the school and what you personally experienced. Thanks! smile

proudfatherofthree Fri 13-Sep-13 21:28:20

I suggest you visit the school again on the next open day, then when you are there arrange a school day visit with the registrar.

Flicktheswitch Sat 14-Sep-13 06:59:40

Ask to visit the school on a normal day and ask to be shown around by pupils, not staff.

foofooyeah Sat 14-Sep-13 07:13:17

I have friends with children at LVS and they are very happy with it and their boys have done well - much better than at state school./

My son went to Charters and TBH wasn't that impressed.

I thought St Georges was only girls ?

Doodles500 Mon 20-Jan-14 16:45:39

Is there any new info on this school. I am thinking of sending my son there? I heard a they had a mass exodus of teachers though!

annester Mon 20-Jan-14 21:07:55

My daughter goes there and it has been the best decision I could have made for her. When she started school she was shy, withdrawn and very scared to go anywhere without me. Two and a bit years on she is happy, confident, has made great friends. The KS1 area of the school is amazing, truly lovely. Great teachers and TA's, lovely play area (nice and secluded and separated from the KSs kids so nice and safe). They go on great school trips but the teachers also push them to do well and keep parents very informed. I have to be honest and not sure whether I am going to be as pleased in KS2 (years 3 to 6) because my daughter loves her sports and I am not sure whether the current curriculum offers enough sports in KS 2. Also the school does not offer common entry exams or 11 + as it feeds into its own Senior School. If your child starts school in Sept in KS1 ( Reception, Year 1 and `Year 2), I couldn't recommend it more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now