HBS sixth form entry requirements

(5 Posts)
nals Thu 15-Nov-12 09:46:23

Could anyone help me with names of tutors for Henrietta Barnett for 11 +? Thanks

BeingFluffy Wed 19-Sep-12 18:35:25

It does seem harsh. It seems unlikely that they overestimated the number of existing year 11s leaving, so they must have messed up and over-offered. I think they over offer at my DD's school - another super selective but they haven't been caught out as far as I am aware.

SophiaMurdoch Tue 18-Sep-12 19:49:49

They had already be offered places and had exceeded the minimum offer so seems harsh their offers were withdrawn.

almapudden Tue 18-Sep-12 16:46:34

I imagine they're very oversubscribed: 6 As will be a minimum requirement but they'll be able to pick and choose and many candidates will have better results than that.

They may also select for music/sporting achievement.

SophiaMurdoch Tue 18-Sep-12 16:34:48

I was just wondering about the Henrietta Barnett schools sixth form entry requirements.Whilst the website does say applicants need 6A's I have seen quite a few people on the student room with good gcse results (eg 5A*'s +9A's ) still being turned down for this school after they had initially received offers.

Could someone please explain this further- i understand they look at your predicted grades but how much leeway is given is they are missed- what did the offer letter say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now