HBS sixth form entry requirements

(5 Posts)
SophiaMurdoch Tue 18-Sep-12 16:34:48

I was just wondering about the Henrietta Barnett schools sixth form entry requirements.Whilst the website does say applicants need 6A's I have seen quite a few people on the student room with good gcse results (eg 5A*'s +9A's ) still being turned down for this school after they had initially received offers.

Could someone please explain this further- i understand they look at your predicted grades but how much leeway is given is they are missed- what did the offer letter say?

almapudden Tue 18-Sep-12 16:46:34

I imagine they're very oversubscribed: 6 As will be a minimum requirement but they'll be able to pick and choose and many candidates will have better results than that.

They may also select for music/sporting achievement.

SophiaMurdoch Tue 18-Sep-12 19:49:49

They had already be offered places and had exceeded the minimum offer so seems harsh their offers were withdrawn.

BeingFluffy Wed 19-Sep-12 18:35:25

It does seem harsh. It seems unlikely that they overestimated the number of existing year 11s leaving, so they must have messed up and over-offered. I think they over offer at my DD's school - another super selective but they haven't been caught out as far as I am aware.

nals Thu 15-Nov-12 09:46:23

Could anyone help me with names of tutors for Henrietta Barnett for 11 +? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now