Kings School Ely'

(8 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Sat 17-Nov-12 17:44:47

How did you get on with your decision...

we are currently in the same boat. looking to start Sept 2012

Robyn4270 Fri 31-Aug-12 16:34:15

Thanks so much smile

Dustylaw Wed 29-Aug-12 01:44:19

I would definitely recommend The Leys. The facilities are outstanding, academics very good (broader ability range than Perse but GCSE results show all achieve very well - almost half all A*/As), very good for all round education - whether it's sport, DT, music, drama or even baking. It is a happy school with an emphasis on kind and considerate behaviour. The fees aren't that much more than Kings Ely and we certainly don't fit the 'old money' description. One very good thing is that there is a dedicated boarding house for the Yr 7 and 8 boarders (the main intake for the school is at Year 9) and that is very well run with a cosy and homely atmosphere. As always, you just have to visit and see if you think it fits but do see it.

Robyn4270 Tue 28-Aug-12 14:59:15

we have now got him registered at The Perse & Kings Ely while we decide about boarding, and had The Leys recommended! advice please!

So far I have Perse highly academic mainly professional parents who give their children tutors to achieve high grades. Kings Ely is all rounder good for pastoral if boarding, only issue is it's in Ely. The Leys is expensive full of people with 'old money' (not really sure what this actually means? )
Can anyone shed anymore light?

Robyn4270 Wed 27-Jun-12 18:11:08

great thank you.
Does anyone know about the boarding situation?
Tests
Does he need to be a choir boy to fit in ?

KazCalfe Mon 25-Jun-12 10:07:46

We know several DC who have been there are did very well. It's always been a good all-rounder but it’s really improved academically lately so you might need to get in quick; our friends wanted to send their DS (y9) and DD (y7) there but they were full for both years. The head has got a good reputation and the staff go the extra mile for the DC.

I don't think sport is that good these days and it's just been slated for spending too much money on marketing, but we saw some of their mail-outs last year and they were rather amateur. It also gets quite expensive in later years.

Hope that helps smile

hocuspocusherewego Wed 20-Jun-12 11:51:31

friends had DD there a few years ago and were very happy, we considered it but decided we wanted our DCs to be closer to my parents

Robyn4270 Wed 20-Jun-12 10:24:18

Advice on King's Ely please?
Considering weekday boarding for our son entering at year 7, want to know the good the bad and the ugly! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now