Canbury school in Kingston.

(8 Posts)
ineedmoretea Tue 06-Dec-11 20:38:31

Hi everyone

I would be really grateful if anyone could give me info on Canbury school in Kingston.
Many thanks.

PollyMorfic Tue 06-Dec-11 20:47:22

I know an MNer or ex MN-er with a child there, I'll try and point her in this direction.

reallytired Tue 06-Dec-11 21:14:57

I went there for a year in 1987. It was a tiny school with a very high proportion of overseas students. It was like a very small international school and even had provision for childrern learning English.

It offered a surprisingly good range of activities and subjects for its size. However I found the small number of children made it very socially limiting. When I did make friends they went back to their respective countries.

When I was there there was a very high ratio of boys to girls. I was the only girl in a class of 8 which I found really hard. I feel that 65 is far too small for a secondary school.

However my experience is probably very out of date. I suppose a lot depends on what you are looking for in a school.

ineedmoretea Tue 06-Dec-11 21:19:33

Thank you so much!
I have visited the school but find it difficult to make up my mind.
I don't even know about its reputation.
Info from a mum with a child there would be ideal.
Thanks again for trying.

ASparent Tue 06-Dec-11 21:33:57

(namechanged)

I have a child there at the moment (Polly you must know my DW grin)

I will pick this up on your other thread

ineedmoretea Tue 06-Dec-11 21:52:34

Thank you so much really tired.
It must have been really hard to be only surrounded by boys,I just can't imagine...
It is indeed a very small secondary school but I am attracted by the school ethos of caring for the individual .
My DS is one of those kids who needs more protection from life than most and would be lost in a large comprehensive.
He also kind of get into his own shell once in a crowd and I think he may benefit from being in a smaller social group to be gaining in confidence socially.

ineedmoretea Tue 06-Dec-11 21:56:45

Wonderful!!Thank you ASparent ,I am really looking forward to hear about your experience.

Seamoon Tue 15-Jan-13 22:46:22

Hello INEEDMORE TEA. I am in the same position as you, having visited the school and chewing things over, would love to share opinions. I haven't used Mumsnet before, how do private conversations take place please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now