Boy's school bag for secondary school

(53 Posts)
Vulgar Mon 01-Aug-11 11:32:38

Following on from the girl's school bag thread . . . what is a good bag for a boy going into year 7?

I suggested a rucksack but was met with a snort of derision. I think he fancies a vinyl messenger style one but what makes/designs are on trend the thing to have for boys at secondary? DS is a bit unworldly and also a bit quirky and probably doesn't want to stand out too much <massively overthinking this>

I've heard good things about the durability of Jansport bags, but haven't yet seen one with a pocket to keep a water bottle upright.

Just googled; the Jansport Big Student looks like it has a mesh pocket on one side for a water bottle. Does anyone have experience of how durable this is? We often find that mesh pockets are the first to go.

apatchylass Tue 18-Jun-13 18:07:05

Another vote here for Animal rucksacks. DS1 has had one this year and although he's used it every day and it's been chucked in the mud and dragged home by its straps, it looks good as new. It's fantastic quality. DS2 had a Minecraft bag from Asos that fell apart after one term and cost the same as the Animal one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now