Surrey School Charity Thing

(8 Posts)
Lawrie333 Thu 06-Dec-12 16:13:10

Well the charities got their £20k last year and I see that it's now a yearly give away of £10 000 per year. And interestingly enough it's the schools that appear to make the decisions.

I reckon if you've a favourite charity, you should get them to apply at

www.youthforcharity.blogspot.co.uk/p/for-charities.html

Doesn't look a complicated form!

Lawrie333 Sun 24-Jul-11 13:23:51

I see that there are now twice as many charities signed up - that's what it says at the YouthForCharity Charity Page

Does anyone know of any schools that are taking part?

Lawrie333 Tue 12-Jul-11 15:25:43

According the notice on the website below, only 8 charities could find anything to do with £20k

If any charity asks me for money, I'll be asking them why they've not added to the list for the £20k. Unless they're one of the 8 of course

youthforcharity.blogspot.com/2011/07/only-8-charities.html

Lawrie333 Sun 26-Jun-11 09:26:27

The work that Eikon are doing sounds good - there must however be loads of other charities that could do with £20k of funding, I wonder how they'll choose who to support

JessieMay1 Wed 22-Jun-11 09:06:58

I've just had a quick look and yes, it's just us and one other at the moment.

If any of you reading this have children at a secondary school in Surrey and can suppport us in our application to be a chosen charity, please do talk to your head and encourage them to email derek.austin@mtg.uk.net about their school getting involved. If they would like to support Eikon, then all the better and they can contact me at jessica@eikon.org.uk for more information. We'd be very happy to liaise with students on this. Thanks Lawrie.

Lawrie333 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:44:42

Looking at the Youth for Charity website, looks like you're the only charity there as yet.

JessieMay1 Mon 20-Jun-11 13:26:57

Yes I read about this too - what a great idea. I work for Eikon (www.eikon.org.uk) an absolutely fantastic charity supporting young people facing some incredibly daunting challenges in Surrey. We operate in Fullbrook, Rodborough, Rydens and Bishop David Brown schools so I will most certainly be encouraging them to get involved.

This is a great example of a partnership across sectors and generations, I love it!

Lawrie333 Fri 17-Jun-11 08:13:46

Did anyone hear that article on BBC yesterday about Surrey kids telling businesses which charities they should give money to?

Makes a change from kids doing sponsored bungee jumps. Does anyone know a school that has joined yet?

Looking at www.youthforcharity.blogspot.com it seems that there are no schools yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now