waldegrave girls school - bullying....

(18 Posts)
busybee20 Fri 07-Jan-11 22:30:56

Hi, just wondered if anyone knows anything about Waldegrave girls school,Twickenham, and how the school deals with bullying. As with all schools the policy looks ok but what you read and how it is really dealt with can be a completely diff thing. Anyone with direct experience out there? Teachers or parents.

Talkinpeace Sat 08-Jan-11 18:15:24

No idea
BUT
private secondary girls school are THE world centre of bullying.
St Trinians is merely an extension of what went on at schools like mine.
When I was at school there were no "policies" just get a thick skin or sink. I was a year too young for the year having arrived with the wrong accent so received and gave it by the bucket load
the real world is a pig
thick skins are good

PixieOnaLeaf Sat 08-Jan-11 18:17:48

Message withdrawn

Deaddei Sat 08-Jan-11 20:42:16

There is bullying in all secondary schools

bruffin Sat 08-Jan-11 21:51:00

Yes Deaddei, but some schools handle it much better than others!

RatherBeOnThePiste Sat 08-Jan-11 23:11:19

Waldegrave is a state school. We know quite a few girls there and have only ever heard positive things about it.

busybee20 Mon 10-Jan-11 04:34:43

Thank u all for posts. Am a little concerned about my niece, she was enjoying there.but lately bit unhappy with some girls being bitchy and picking on her. Teacher made aware +has spoken to the others, but made no diff.

jmm10 Mon 10-Jan-11 09:25:40

Girls schools = bitchy. My 16 year old goes to one, I work in one. She says it's been valuable to her though as she knows how to handle people like it now and can use it in the world of work.

busybee20 Mon 10-Jan-11 18:37:51

Jmm10 - any tips for my niece? She has stood up to them by answering back etc I also went to a girls school many years ago, so know that it can be bitchy, but was fortunate enough not to experience any of that.

BayJay Sat 30-Apr-11 18:47:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

bruffin Sat 30-Apr-11 19:25:43

Why didnt you just start a thread ratherthan bumping loads of old threads

AmazingDisgrace Sun 01-May-11 12:23:10

Yes, why exactly are you bumping every old thread that mentions Richmond schools and posting exactly the same thing on all of them. Its like being necro-spammed. Just start a new thread FGS

BayJay Tue 03-May-11 13:21:02

Sorry, I wasn't intending to bump old threads blush. I just thought that people reading this thread, might be interested in my thread too. Many people don't come on Mumsnet to look at currently active threads; they come to search for specific information. Anyone searching for information about Waldegrave in Twickenham, either now or in the near future, is likely to be interested in local policy changes that might affect it.

bruffin Tue 03-May-11 19:05:23

Yes you bumped up each thread saying the same thing. It pushed down lots of current threads.
All you needed to do was start a new thread once. Spamming and bumping just annoys everybody and does your cause no good

coocachoo Wed 25-Sep-13 11:40:42

my daughter is being bullied due to something she said that got twisted round and used against her she dosent want to go to school girls are such bitches we fought to get a place wish i hadnt botherd trouble is if you change schls theres always bullies and some peoplejust become consitant targets my daughter now wants to be home schooled but i am no teacher and was taught in the old ways as i am 55 so am not much use also my dd gets the hump when i try to tell her anything and i cant afford tutors just dont know what to do teachers havent been any help its got so i wish i hadnt moved here and i feel so depressed myself because of all this my husband just expects me to sort out everything hes useless i feel so alone can anyone give me advice please.

jennycoast Wed 25-Sep-13 12:18:58

Have you spoken to her form tutor or head of year? I got the impression the school was very proactive in dealing with any sort of bullying, but that those had to be your first port of call.

Shootingatpigeons Wed 25-Sep-13 12:50:36

I am sorry your DD has been so upset. You give the impression that there is a particular incident that has provoked this crisis. Are you sure that this is a long term problem. IME when you get "difficult characters" in a school, especially a girls' school they will provoke this sort of crisis all the time. At the time it seems like the world has ended to the teenage brain but then it blows over when they get bored and move on to manipulate the next situation to get the drama and attention they crave. I agree that you should talk to the staff so they know exactly how your DD is feeling. As well as dealing with the characters concerned (who no doubt they know well ) they may be able to help your DD with her confidence and help her develop the skills / thick skin to cope with similar situations.

Not every year in every school has this problem, no school can entirely control the DCs who turn up and it is luck of the draw to some extent. My DD just moved schools and it could not be more different.

LSLJ24 Mon 03-Mar-14 00:40:08

Hi, did the problem get sorted ? Does she go to Waldegrave ? My daughter started in September and I think she is being bullied but my daughter doesn't want me to do any thing. of course will if I feel intervention is needed. Just curious to know how your problem was dealt with .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now