Guising "act" for 6year old

(11 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Sat 29-Oct-16 09:08:33

Hi,
First year my son is going guising and we're struggling to come up with an "act"/ "turn" he can do at people's houses. I always did a poem when I was wee, boys seemed to just do a couple of jokes (which my mum always thought was a cop out). Plus he's only 6 and struggles to remember anything!

Any ideas? What are your children doing?

LunaLoveg00d Sat 29-Oct-16 09:09:44

Jokes are fine for wee ones. My child of a similar age will be telling a few really corny ghost related jokes which he thinks are hilarious.

Groovee Sat 29-Oct-16 10:25:12

Jokes are good!

MrsAmaretto Sat 29-Oct-16 15:54:50

Phew! Thanks!

DanyellasDonkey Sat 29-Oct-16 16:28:33

Nobody bothers with doing acts any more around here. They just stand at the door and say "Trick or treat". I feel like saying, "Go away with your American nonsense" and tell them that children used to do an act for their treat when I was young but they'd probably look at me like I'm some sort of old fossil - I'm not by the way.

A joke or a wee song would be fine.

Bloopbleep Sat 29-Oct-16 16:31:39

Jokes are fine. It's still very much expected round here that guisers will do a turn

Groovee Sat 29-Oct-16 16:43:26

Last year dd went on the door for me! She made them all do a wee turn.

FrancisCrawford Sat 29-Oct-16 16:51:25

Here's a couple of traditional rhymes that are easy to learn

Hint minx, theold witch winks
The fat begins to fry
No one at home but jumping Joan
Father, Mother and I

Bat, bat come under my hat
And I'll give you a slice of bacon
And when I bake I'll give you a cake
If I am not mistaken

seriouslyclueless Sat 29-Oct-16 16:54:40

Last year my then 6 year old DS told a joke at each door which he thought was hilarious and it was easy to learn.

Knock knock
Who's there ?
Boo
Boo Who (hoo) ?
No need to cry it's only a joke
smile

prettybird Sun 30-Oct-16 09:31:56

I always make anyone who comes to the door do their "piece" before getting any goodies.

A couple are surprised by it and usually end of saying a couple of lame jokes but the majority come prepared.

How about couple of simple jokes or maybe a wee nursery song for your ds?

QueenLaBeefah Sun 30-Oct-16 09:37:45

Just stick with the jokes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now