Any Kilmarnock mumsnetters who could recommend childcare? (For a funeral)

(5 Posts)
Toomuchtoosoon16 Wed 28-Sep-16 23:04:30

Hello,
My dcs lovely grandfather has passed away and I'm faced with the "do I take the dcs to the funeral?" dilemma. If I were able to find somewhere to leave the little one (4) I'd be tempted to take him to the tea afterwards and not have to worry about him during the cremation.
Do any local mumsnetters know a childminder or nursery perhaps who might take a child just for a few hours?
I'm not local so don't know where to start (other than turning to mumsnet of course!)

missm0use Thu 29-Sep-16 23:49:44

One of my friends uses the nursery on Dundonald Rd - can't remember the name but they've got a great reputation.

Toomuchtoosoon16 Fri 30-Sep-16 12:07:05

Thank you Missmouse

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 30-Sep-16 23:17:09

I know nothing about Kilmarnock, but I wanted to say first of all, sorry for your loss, but also that I have taken my DSs when they were young (toddlers and pre-school) to several funerals, 2 burials and a cremation. This was becasue the funerals were not local and we had no-one to leave them with.

They were mostly fine (see below!), the services aren't long, so unless he is particularly unruly, I'd take him along and give him something to occupy him for the short time.

Things like ipads and smart phones weren't around in those days but they sat quietly with a book. Well, all apart from DHs mum's burial when they decided to play hide and seek round the gravestones....I just took them away to a quiet bit of the cemetery for a few minutes and they were fine again they were only 3 and 2 at the time so they did well.

Toomuchtoosoon16 Fri 30-Sep-16 23:55:42

Thanks you for that Wankers, gives me something to think about. I'll find out how long the service is expected to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now