SQA published exam dates - do they ever get changed?

(8 Posts)
WankersHacksandThieves Sat 17-Sep-16 16:39:14

I've worked out that we have a week at the end of exam leave where no-one has an exam and thinking of putting in an early summer holiday. Do the published dates ever change though does anyone know?

StBosco Sat 17-Sep-16 17:18:03

Not AFAIK or can remember.

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 17-Sep-16 17:27:48

Thanks StBosco - I know schools can adjust the times slightly but thought the dates were pretty concrete.

PurpleFrog Sat 17-Sep-16 18:19:21

In 1980 the date of the History O-Grade was changed sometime after Christmas as a teachers' strike had been arranged for the original date!

Lidlfix Sat 17-Sep-16 20:28:58

Not in my teaching recollection, marking appointments and meetings will be notified soon and these are all related to exam dates.
Schools schedule events round the timetable so I'd feel safe to.
One note of caution-I know my DDs' school and the one I teach in can schedule their S6 induction/conference event round when the bulk of their pupils are finished rather than SQA diet. My DD was rushed from PE exam to the venue and missed a morning (would cheerfully have missed the whole thing) so worth checking.

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 17-Sep-16 20:34:19

Thanks Lidl - I've checked the timetable, no-one is due back until Monday 5th June and 6th year stuff doesn't start until wednesday 7th. We could do 10 days if we left the Friday, the last exam is on the Thursday. DS2 would miss the first day of 5th year but not too worried about that. Or we could at least do a week quite easily.

DS2 hating school at the moment so might be a struggle to get him to go back anyway...

Groovee Sun 18-Sep-16 09:40:30

Not as far as I am aware. Hoping you get your holiday x

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 18-Sep-16 14:47:49

Cheers Groovee, just need DH to see if he can get those holidays. Probably be about March before we find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now