Reporting Scotland just snubbed Jamie Murray big time!

(10 Posts)
Vipermisnomer Mon 08-Aug-16 19:05:03

Very rude, all about Andy, his bro is stood next to him being interviewed - is totally ignored, they did not even put his name on screen.

Poor show.

OllyBJolly Mon 08-Aug-16 20:54:26

Didn't see that - shocking.

I remember being so impressed when Andy was interviewed after winning a big match

Interviewer: Your mum will be very proud of your win today.

Andy: Both my parents are proud of both their sons.

Put interviewer's gas at a peep!

BeJayKayven Mon 08-Aug-16 21:38:19

I hate to see that. I know Andy is the star of the show so to speak but Jamie is an excellent player too.

Vipermisnomer Mon 08-Aug-16 22:06:56

They are both there representing us, the least they should get is the proper acknowledgement for all their efforts. Blanking one is just weird.

I honestly wondered if I was having a Jamie hallucination! Maybe I am, have a look and tell me how many brothers you can see...

watch clip at about 19.30 to see invisible Murray!

I hope Reporting Scotland have a wee word with themselves, if I am right and there are two brothers on that clip, one of them is due an apology.

cdtaylornats Mon 08-Aug-16 23:32:31

One of them didn't say a word, perhaps if Jamie had engaged with the interviewer.

BeJayKayven Tue 09-Aug-16 08:22:55

Cd maybe Jamie was politely waiting to be asked a question

Kr1stina Tue 09-Aug-16 08:49:38

I've watched the clip and agree with OP

The reporter even led with something like " it was a devastated Andy Murray who spoke with me today "

Very rude

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 09-Aug-16 13:06:30

To be honest they did they same in the pair beforehand but camera man cut him out as well. In the murray one, Jamie wasn't even engaging with interviewer and was looking about all over the place. I'm tempted to think that they the were both interviewed separately but they only showed the Andy bit, otherwise why did Jamie not even look as if he was listening to what his brother was saying?

prettybird Tue 09-Aug-16 15:26:34

I actually thought that Jamie looked even more gutted than Andy. Maybe he didn't want to interviewed.

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 09-Aug-16 15:28:39

well, that was probably his best chance ever of an olympic gold medal. Andy has one and also a another shot in the singles. That was Jamies chances over and done in one fell swoop - he'll possibly be too old next olympics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now