HELP! Accommodation Isles Harris or Lewis

(6 Posts)
HarrietSchulenberg Sun 07-Aug-16 17:07:03

We are meant to be camping on Harris but can't put tents up due to tonight's storms.
Has anyone local got any suggestions where 2 adults, 5 teenagers and a 9 year old could stay tonight until the wind drops enough for us to camp again tomorrow?
Looking for bothy, hostel or just a big, dry shed. Need to cook and sleep.
Hotels and hostels all full so any insider knowledge very gratefully received.

prettybird Sun 07-Aug-16 17:52:34

I'd have suggested a MNer who has a home on Harris - but I happen to know that she's just gone up there for a week.

I'll try DMIng her to see if she's got any suggestions.

prettybird Sun 07-Aug-16 17:59:19

I've messaged her but I noticed the last time she was active on FB was a day ago (she is on holiday after all wink) so she might not see it.

Hope you get sorted!

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 11-Aug-16 12:40:19

Hi Prettybird. Thank you for this. Back home now but we did get sorted, found a fabulous bunkhouse at Leverburgh which fitted all 8 of us in, and went on to camp again next day.
Harris and Lewis are utterly beautiful and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

prettybird Thu 11-Aug-16 12:54:49

Glad you got sorted! smile

Think she was off-line until at least Tuesday so by the time she'd have seen it, it would have been too late.

weegiemum Thu 11-Aug-16 20:30:58

I could see this on Tuesday but bandwidth was so small i couldn't reply - we were in Harris and you'd have been more than welcome to our lounge floor if required. Glad you got sorted anyway!
Glad you enjoyed it - we lived there for 10 years and go back as often as we can, so if you ever go back, let us know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now