Anyone else back to auld claes and parritch?

(24 Posts)
WankersHacksandThieves Fri 15-Jul-16 13:29:52

That'll be the family summer hols over till next year then sad

Lidlfix Fri 15-Jul-16 16:22:05

Yep, yesterday sad. Was half through washing and DH managed to get grass in back garden cut before skies opened. SQA pay day today so treating Lidlfam to dinner as I need to flash brown legs before they return to blue. I will shiver in my skirt!

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 15-Jul-16 17:13:10

We were in the Lakes and then another place in Scotland so no brown anything to flash and loads of bulky washing (rather than the light shorts and t shirts of a sunny holiday). I've managed two loads and have about 5 or 6 to go.... sad

Hope you have a lovely dinner out smile - we were all scunnered with everything so I'm now heating up 4 ready meals cooking 4 separate dinners.

Ginmakesitallok Fri 15-Jul-16 17:17:27

We're just back from Ireland - at least my mum did our washing before we came home. Hopelessly googling for a city break in august for no money.

Superjaggy Fri 15-Jul-16 19:40:55

Windy Wilson (Facebook and Twitter-based amateur (and very sweary) weather forecaster), is predicting a heatwave from Tuesday next week! Don't put away the summer clothes just yet wink

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 15-Jul-16 19:45:11

super That'll be great, unfortunately I'll be at work for the rest of the summer sad

I optimistically took sandals, 3/4 length trousers and some sun cream on holiday. Didn't use any of them sad

Lidlfix Fri 15-Jul-16 20:15:17

That would be dreamy this my area's long summer. Dreading to think the cost of entertaining 3 (plus student) DDs over the holidays scares me and my bank card shitless. But show me some dry days have tent, portable bbq and will travel. Alternatively have Netflix, gin and a gym membership will hide indoors. 4 weeks leftsmile

YouMakeMyDreams Fri 15-Jul-16 20:21:46

We are going camping next week and I'm stacked up with washing to do before we go.
Hoping for at least not torrential while we are away. Was hoping for a bit of briwn on my kegs but not looking likely.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 15-Jul-16 20:27:38

Gin that was kind of your Mum. If you find any decent free holidays let me know grin

Lidl we still have over 5 weeks to go - ours had just short of 8 weeks this year. We've spent a fortune over the last couple of weeks and we ate in most of the time so not too much of a holiday for me - honestly we've had less than two weeks away and we've spent about £5k - not counting the cost of replacing DHs bike and the carrier since it had to be abandoned on the side of the motorway on the way down the road.

Toumakemydreams Hope you are lucky, not great camping in the rain.

AgentProvocateur Fri 15-Jul-16 20:43:21

Yep! We booked a last minute fortnight to Mallorca to stave off rickets. Can't believe this weather - it's like November out there tonight. Those poor tourists who've come to Troon For the Open.

cdtaylornats Fri 15-Jul-16 22:23:50

Look on the bright side, native Scots golfers will be at an advantage.

SheSparkles Sat 16-Jul-16 18:14:32

I'm in Portugal just now so in the middle of a heatwave, but my ds(14) insisted on bringing the parritch with him! (Self catering) that was a kilo of luggage allowance I could have done with!😂

dementedma Sat 16-Jul-16 18:22:19

Weather here is complete and utter shite. But am off to London tomorrow where it looks like being very hot so ridiculously excited.

LunaLoveg00d Sun 17-Jul-16 20:01:02

Tuesday is supposed to be ROASTING by Scottish standards - 24C.

ssd Sun 17-Jul-16 20:04:36

I hung out my washing this morning thinking yeeha its actually dry today

but 8 hours later its still hanging out there damp

bloody hell

dementedma Sun 17-Jul-16 20:19:27

Left Scotland in the cold and wet this morning, and am basking in London heat. Apparently going to be 30 here tomorrow!grin

ssd Sun 17-Jul-16 20:56:30

its a different world isnt it!

drives me nuts when the weather reporters say oh hasnt it been a lovely day and its pissed down all day here

pictish Sun 17-Jul-16 21:01:55

We had a week down in Dumfries and Galloway - got one sunny day, the rest were pissy to meh. Still enjoyed it though and was sad to leave.
We're taking the last week of the holidays in Fort William for further pissy and meh.

Aye Windy Wilson says Tuesday is to be scorchio. Taps aff!

RJnomore1 Sun 17-Jul-16 21:02:09

I'm off to London tomorrow too! I've just sent dh the weather forecast 😄

Need to remember the sunscreen.

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 17-Jul-16 22:29:51

We optimistically and at the last minute took sunscreen with us for our two centre Lake district and west coast Scotland holiday - that was a waste of time.

I've now booked a week in Spain at the end of the hols for me and the teenagers to stave off the rickets.

Hope you London visitors have a great time.

A kilo of porridge is a fair whack sparkles are you selling it?

ssd I got one of my 7 loads out this morning and got it in very nearly dry as it's been so windy here. It was half an hour away from dry but the rain came on.

Lidlfix Sun 17-Jul-16 22:47:25

My washing machine decided to hand back the lone socks (if that works as a metaphor for packing the fuck in) yesterday so I am now faced with the end of holiday washing plus normal accumulation. Hate tumble drying with a passion!!

Also my DDs pointed out that we actually have 5 wks left. They had to show me on the calendar- how could I not know this? I feel like I have been given a Wee gift. Nicer than the "itchy souvenir" DD 3 brought back - delousing a 5,8 mortified 14 year old was challenging confused

WankersHacksandThieves Sun 17-Jul-16 22:53:57

Oh no!! That's rubbish! sad

Our washer isn't working properly either. I have to set it to wash without spinning and then spin separately but it's leaving white powder on everything and with DHs allergies, I have no option to use anything other than the powder. I rarely use the drier but did today to just finish off that lot as I had no hanging space left. I have a pulley in the utility room - it's the love of my life grin

You have my sympathies with the itchy buggers too. We had the same last year, first time ever having them and DSs were nearly 14 and 15!

5 weeks left here, 2 weeks on their own, 2 weeks with DH on parental leave and last week with me to sunny Spain.

Groovee Mon 18-Jul-16 11:03:44

We're home from Yorkshire where it was lovely. Gutted to be home and cold!

Cocoabutton Mon 18-Jul-16 21:35:04

Four weeks and two days here, not that I am counting or anything...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now