Bridge of Weir

(8 Posts)
whatisitlike Mon 11-Jul-16 09:15:39

Hi

Looking for some experiences/info about living in Bridge of Weir.

On the verge of putting in an offer on a house then realised I don't know the area at all. Seems nice but help!

Thanks

Euphemia Tue 12-Jul-16 20:23:33

It's lovely. I used to live in Houston - we tried to buy in BoW but were outbid!

Really nice village feel, good primary school, catchment area for Gryffe High School in Houston, which gets a good reputation.

Where are you moving from?

user1468321775 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:22:44

BoW is our goal village! Hubby was raised there and we will literally do everything in our power to bring our kids up there too. It's a perfect little sized village, everything you need. Be warned though that there's planning applications in for a big retail park at the start of the village - might be worth checking out before offering

whatisitlike Thu 14-Jul-16 21:09:09

Thanks both. We are moving from Glasgow so not too far. Don't know it well but have spent a few weekends in that direction getting a feel for it.

I saw the community councils info on the retail park so may affect traffic etc but the house we are looking at is quite far up the hill

Euphemia Thu 14-Jul-16 22:50:09

Oooh, Up The Hill Bridge of Weir - that's proper posh! wink

whatisitlike Mon 18-Jul-16 22:00:46

There are some gorgeous houses! While the one we are looking at is nice it unfortunately isn't posh or huge and gorgeous like some of them.

HMF1 Sun 24-Jul-16 22:07:05

I grew up in Bridge of Weir & my parents still live there. It's a good place to live, schools are good, transport links are good there is a reasonable selection of shops, if it's important to you the GP practice gets a good reputation & it is still a proper community not just a dormitory.Didn't know about the retail development, which part of the village is it planned for.

AnnaF83 Wed 03-Aug-16 19:34:33

Hey ladies, we're also considering buying there. Can anyone advise on good nurseries in the area? Was thinking BOW primary nursery but see there are a few private nurseries too nearby. Any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now