Eastwood High School

(7 Posts)
cna11 Fri 08-Apr-16 12:26:38

Hi all,
We are planning on moving to Newton mearns and Eastwood High and Crookfur Primary would be our catchment schools. I know friends in the area who have kids in Crookfur and have heard lots of lovely things about the school. I don't know anyone with kids in Eastwood High school but have read the HMI report and newsletters and it looks like a lovely school. Anyone with any experience of the school?

Thanks in advance.

punkman Fri 08-Apr-16 16:04:21

Eastwood is a great school. My kids will go to it in a few years time.

The school was just rebuilt a couple of years ago as the previous school was about 40 or 50 years old, so it's all new facilities and very impressive. It has a good reputation for its drama department.

Some people will no doubt say it's not as good as the other NM school Mearns Castle but it's a great school.

cna11 Sat 09-Apr-16 09:51:03

Thanks punkman.
The building is lovely and the sports facilities looks amazing. My friend had a tour of the school and said that the facilities are as good as the private schools.

Do you know anyone with personal experience of the school?

Behooven Sat 09-Apr-16 12:52:17

Me. Ask away 😀

cna11 Sat 09-Apr-16 21:08:09

Oh lovely, Behooven. Thank you. What's your experience with the school? How are the facilities? Teaching? Do they challenge the kids academically? I am still trying to get my head round the new curriculum. Is there any support for parents? Lol.

Brain gone blank on questions. Would be lovely to just hear your experiences.

Behooven Sat 09-Apr-16 22:25:25

Pm'd you!

cna11 Sat 09-Apr-16 22:51:34

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now