Parking in Bridge of Allan

(17 Posts)
CrabbitArse Wed 17-Feb-16 08:13:00

Just that really, anywhere a bit more central than the train station? Preferably a car park as opposed to on street (am a rubbish parker blush)

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 17-Feb-16 10:48:06

Yes, you can park in the co-op or slightly further down the street at the Drs/Library/Allan centre - both on Fountain road. If you need directions give me a shout smile

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 17-Feb-16 10:49:55

There is usually on-street parking round there too and there is a small car park of the main road but I've not ben in that one...rubbish parker here too!

Mammabrown Wed 17-Feb-16 10:50:17

We parked atthe co op last time we were in B oA dd admits she isnt the best at parking,

BloodyDogHairs Wed 17-Feb-16 10:52:29

Ah why whenever I read "Bridge of Allan" it makes me want fish and chips out the local chippy grin

Timeandtune Wed 17-Feb-16 10:55:49

I too am rubbish at parking. Last time I was in BoA I parked in one of the residential side streets off the high st. A few minutes walk to shops. Can recommend the Jam Jar cafe if it is too early for fish and chips.

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 17-Feb-16 11:05:46

shock it's not "the chippy"!! It's "The Allan water Café" dontcha know... grin

jam Jar is nice, also the Hidden Café just down the lane sort of opposite the co-op - near Strathcarron vintage.

Mammabrown Wed 17-Feb-16 11:10:04

Chippy indeed its bridge of Allan they dont have a chippy wink

BloodyDogHairs Wed 17-Feb-16 11:20:29

Haha sorry Allan Water Cafe, Friday used to be my day for working in B of A then Callander....it was always a dilemma choosing what area I should grab a chip butty from grin

CrabbitArse Wed 17-Feb-16 11:20:46

Thank you all so much, the co-op it is! I've not been for years, I love Bridge of Allan.

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 17-Feb-16 11:26:30

If there is no room in the Co-op, the other car park is just past the church on the right hand side if you head down towards the fountain. there is also some parking on the opposite side of that - turn right as you come out the co-op and then left at the junction (be careful as the bottom part of that road is two way even though the top half is one way. Small car park is on the left as you go down the road.

CrabbitArse Wed 17-Feb-16 12:40:30

Brilliant, you are all stars thanks

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 17-Feb-16 12:45:46

Hope you enjoy your day out smile I drive in and through BofA on average 3 or 4 times a day but rarely at any point when I have a chance to boggle in the shops.....apart from the 90 million visits to the co-op for bread and milk that is.

Helen114 Thu 20-Oct-16 01:18:28

Hi - coming from Greenock to Stirling Uni open day on 29/10 - is Bridge of Allan near enough that I could park there then walk to the Uni. Uni website suggests getting train to B of A then walking from station but is station a bit out of the town?? Any tips/suggestions gratefully received as don't know area at all well. Thanks.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 20-Oct-16 14:07:20

Hi, there is a car park in the Uni - well several really. They can get busy though, having said that I've never failed to get a space when I've been there. No idea how busy it will be on an open day. If you didn't get a space, I'd head down the side streets at causwayhead or further up at the Uni end of BofA or even try the Wallace High School car park. That's an easy walk.

It's a bit of a walk from BofA station. I think if you are wanting to come by train, you'd be better getting off at Stirling station and jumping on one of the Uni buses which seem to be very frequent. There are also the hire bikes which I think have "hubs" at both Railway stations and the Uni but you'd probably better check that. smile

Helen114 Thu 20-Oct-16 15:55:20

That's great thank you so much for the info I think I'll let the train take the strain, then jump on bus. Uni website said 25 min walk from b of a station - i'm thinking that's probably at a very brisk/light jog pace. Cheers. 😊

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 20-Oct-16 16:20:06

That's no problem. Google says it's 2 miles and 41 minutes walk smile there is loads of places you could park that are closer - including my driveway lol. It says about 10-15 minutes by bus from Stirling station - that feels quite generous but must be allowing for a fair few stops. I live a similar distance and it takes me about 4 or 5 at a push.

If you need any other help let me know.

i didn't realise it was on - maybe I should send DSs up for a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now