edinburgh star flyer

(6 Posts)
fallenangel14 Sun 11-Oct-15 07:26:27

Thinking of taking dd (aged 10) on this at xmas. Anyone been on? Does it go fast? Is it like those traditional swings at a fairground - just much higher up?

Groovee Sat 17-Oct-15 17:25:27

My Dd is now 15. She went on it last year. The seats had been changed last year and she felt quite safe on it X

FannyFifer Sat 17-Oct-15 17:28:14

Did half the seat not fall off it last year?

FannyFifer Sat 17-Oct-15 17:30:41

Ah no it was 2013. I'd had my 8 year up on it that afternoon. shock

ink{http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/mum-s-death-fear-as-star-flyer-seat-fell-apart-1-3234695\m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/mum-s-death-fear-as-star-flyer-seat-fell-apart-1-323469]]5}

OOAOML Sun 18-Oct-15 12:36:03

Hopefully they've been very rigorous about seat safety - I work near it and there was a lot of concern after that incident. On a lighter note, make sure you don't have loose stuff up there with you - one of my colleagues was almost hit by someone's bag of grapes that went flying. We were torn between being concerned about people dropping stuff from great height and finding it amusing that people were snacking on fresh fruit up there given the number of greasy snack food places you get in the centre at tourist season.

It doesn't look (to an observer, I've never been on it) like it goes fast but it does go high and it does swing out quite a bit so the force felt is probably significant. Everyone sounds like they enjoy it (there are a few meeting rooms at work we can see/hear it from, livens up boring chat).

fallenangel14 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:53:14

Thanks for the replies. Dd1 is very keen (yikes)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now