I have just realised why they call him PROFESSOR Brian Cox

(375 Posts)

blush

Yes I am that thick. There's another one blush and he's old and doesn't play keyboards.

MavisGrind Tue 12-Feb-13 20:31:55

This thread has really made me giggle..

The wife of Brian Cox (the Prof one) wrote an interesting article a few years ago about what it was like to be the wife of someone who had started out in the same field as you and then became famous.

I think she ought to be a MNer. I'm sure she will have called her DH a cunt at some point.. who wouldn't

Shall we confuse things the op even more and discuss that fella from Blur who now has Afars & makes cheese? wink

Oh god I hope she's not Mavis. blush

Mrs Professor Brian I am very very very very sorry grin

Afars? a farm !!!!

Struffle Tue 12-Feb-13 20:36:23

he played keyboards according to something I saw on youtube the other day.

And no, I couldn;t recognise him either

Hulababy Tue 12-Feb-13 20:36:40

He played keyboard

MavisGrind Tue 12-Feb-13 20:37:44

Dont' worry freddie I'm sure she wonders why he is constantly called prof too!

springlamb Tue 12-Feb-13 20:39:05

Gosh, he's a good advert for the Paul McKenna hypnotic gastric band then isn't he? I'm off to find another video of the song. I would never have guessed...

pluCaChange Tue 12-Feb-13 20:39:35

The muso turned farmer: is that Alex Petridis? He also writes on fashion for the Guardian confused

Goddamed confusing Renaissance men...

Please someone say Emma Watson is going to become head of something random like the Dept for Work and Pensions?

Ponders Tue 12-Feb-13 20:40:04

my first experience of Prof BC was when he was on Any Questions in Accrington 4 years ago - DH & DD1 were in the audience or I wouldn't even have noticed

I thought he was fab then; the appeal has waned somewhat due to his ubiquitousness since then sad though I still love the youtube clip about the Mayan time thing "you would have to be a twat to believe that" grin

I was watching Top Gear on Dave. They said Brian Cox was going to be the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car. It was the wrong Brian Cox it was the other one.

And then I realised that was why they made a point of always calling him Professor Brian Cox.

springlamb Tue 12-Feb-13 20:42:29

Dear Professor Mrs Partner-of Cox
Actually I think he's been a great role model for a younger generation who might have considered particle physics kinda got in the way of having a great time while you're young.

Blimey, think of what Cliff might have achieved if Una Stubbs and her Big Red Bus hadn't got in the way.

To be totally honest. Not right then, it took me a minute or two. To realise.

MavisGrind Tue 12-Feb-13 20:43:48

freddie really now, shush, <strokes hair> it's an easy mistake...really,...

I'm fond of the Brian Cox references on Horrible Histories...

HolidayArmadillo Netherlands Tue 12-Feb-13 20:44:14

Haha op you are making me howl. They call him PBC because that's his title and name! They are introducing him in a professional capacity. I'm sure Bob down the Crown and Anchor just calls him Coxy.

This thread has made me grin

Professor Brian Cox has icky big teeth and gives me the creeps. Don't get the whole science-boff crush on the guy at all.

And while we're at it, that Dr Gillian McKeith wasn't a real doctor and was told to stop using the title Doctor. She was just a poo pervert

LineRunner Tue 12-Feb-13 20:44:47

It says on the original sleeve notes for the D:Ream CD that he plays piano on it.

That means he plays the intro to Things Can Only Get Better.

He is better than the Disappointing Brian Cox I think.

MechanicalTheatre Tue 12-Feb-13 20:45:32

No, HolidayArmadillo, EVERYONE calls him Professor Brian Cox all the time.

He INSISTS on it.

Once, his small child called him "Daddy" and he hit.the.roof.

Am I honestly the only person to have thought he was just being pretentious?

blush

RobinSparkles United States Tue 12-Feb-13 20:46:25

Wow, every day is a school day on MN! I knew that Prof Brian Cox was a professor... But he was in D:ream?!? You learn something new every day! I remember dancing to "Things Can Only Get Better" at my dance lessons when I was about 9!

I love the impression that they do of Professor Brian Cox on VIPs.

"Eiya, it's meee, Professor Briiian Cox!"

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Tue 12-Feb-13 20:46:27

What about Gilliam McKeith?

Didn't she pretend to be a doctor to flog jars of bird seed in Holland & Barratts at £7.99 a pop?

So Smelly he might not really be a Professor?

<head explodes>

springlamb Tue 12-Feb-13 20:47:51

You're such a card freddie!
You know and I know you knew it all along. In your usual manner you just wanted to spread a little sunshine.

[Loyal friend smile, I am the one who always says 'Bum - big? No way!]

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Tue 12-Feb-13 20:48:10

I thought Anthony Hopkins was Hannibal lector confused

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Tue 12-Feb-13 20:48:24

Here he is:

images.quiztimeuk.multiply.com/image/1/photos/667/1200x1200/15/pc3.jpg?et=emBq8GxNfTapTLfLjdR0%2CA&nmid=321531836

Should we get the Style & Beauty ladies over to critique his suit?

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now