What wildlife have you seen today?

(7 Posts)
doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 26-Jan-13 20:09:17

Oh dear, if the apes are gone it'll fall to the Spanish! We saw lots up on the rock when we were there, cheeky things hitched lifts on top of the tourist buses too.

Seabright Sat 26-Jan-13 19:05:44

I went to Gibraltar today and hoped to see some Barbary Apes, but no joy. The most exotic things I saw were sparrows!

tougholdbird Sat 26-Jan-13 18:20:39

I enlisted DS to help me with the RSPB garden watch thing - think my garden birds had an attack of shyness, there are usually loads, but during that hour most of them stayed determinedly out the way. Did see two robins though.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Fri 25-Jan-13 16:13:33

these doh!

doyouwantfrieswiththat Fri 25-Jan-13 16:12:20

The cat tends to bring in these they are extremely cute little critters but I'd rather they stayed outside, especially the one that was living under our kitchen cupboard stockpiling cat biscuit.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 25-Jan-13 09:17:54

Oh that is nice.

Wildlife I can see: one tantrumming toddler and some pigeons -grin On holiday recently, DS2 and I saw a caterpillar at eye level (we were in the pool and it was on the edge. It was cool watching it hump up and down to progress along.

Seabright Thu 24-Jan-13 17:08:11

I'm in Spain at the moment and have just seen two Hoopoe's. I've always wanted to see one and despite the fact they aren't rare, I'm still really excited to have seen them, especially as I was only on my way to the post box!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now