Has anyone tried Camp Beaumont?

(6 Posts)
bickie Wed 17-Mar-10 09:10:21

Good/Bad? Seems quite expensive. I need to find a holiday camp in the SW area for 8 and 7 year olds. Any suggestions welcome!

shewhowillbeobeyed Fri 02-Jul-10 23:56:52

You're right - expensive, and not very good. Ever heard of ATE?? See the other thread about summer camps. Unfortunately, ATE only cater for eight years and up, but might do for your elder one. They collect from various travel points around the country, so you don't have to live near the centres that they use. Have a look at their website - www.ate.org.uk.

zapostrophe Sun 01-Aug-10 19:43:08

I went there as a teenager. I had my first fist-fight there and we posed for the group photo saying "blowjob" instead of cheese. The adult workers all complained, within earshot of the kids, how poorly they were paid. The range of activities wasn't as good as in the brochures and we spent most of the time doing boring, low-cost stuff like craft or drama.

Sobha Mon 18-Oct-10 14:13:33

good but expensive. we did a group booking so got a good rate but even then fairly expensive. kids did enjoy though - esp good where they have swimmng faclities. also drop off and pick up times are flexible. there are others much cheaper though

littlemum007 Wed 06-Jul-11 22:25:33

I used to take my boy to camp beaumont at Kings in Wimbledon and also Claremont Fan school in Esher - they tend to always a pool but he did get bored after a while - I think it depends on where you go and the group you're in - always best to have a friend in tow - we've now defected to PGL because they have huge discounts if you hang on til last minute - I wonder whether Camp Beaumont do the same - good luck

littlemum007 Wed 06-Jul-11 22:25:51

"have" a pool, I meant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now