Bath

(11 Posts)
Was1969 Wed 20-Jul-16 08:15:26

Has anyone taken their DC to Bath. I'm looking for a day trip next week but I'm not sure if it would be suitable for an 11 yo. I've not been myself so your thoughts would be welcomed.

LIZS Wed 20-Jul-16 08:19:28

The abbey and baths are worth visiting, and you could do lunch at Sally Lunn's or the Pump Room.

MiddleClassProblem Wed 20-Jul-16 08:25:45

We did a school trip to the Roman baths at around that age, there's lots of shops too, there's a Jane Austen museum but they might find that s bit boring.

MustStopAndThinkBeforePosting Wed 20-Jul-16 10:43:34

The roman baths would probably be interesting for an 11yo if they are used to engaging with museums etc (there are plenty of 11yos who would hate it). the bath abbey tower tour is worth doing too.

Was1969 Wed 20-Jul-16 22:10:49

Thanks for your comments I think I will give it a try smile

LockedOutOfMN Fri 22-Jul-16 22:10:12

Agree with Roman Baths suggestion. Walk up to the Royal Crescent too - if only for when Bath appears on TV you can both say, "That's Bath!" Or "I've been there!"

Possibly something going on at the university too.

Many nice places to eat!

elephantoverthehill Fri 22-Jul-16 22:18:00

I took DS2 when he was doing 'The Romans' at school. We had a great day at the baths and watching the street entertainers. Luckily for me DM lives nearby and so I was able to take DS and leave the other DCs with her for the day. He was quite interested in the information that my DM and DD went to some quite authentic Roman parties back in the 70s at the Baths and swam in them

elephantoverthehill Fri 22-Jul-16 22:20:38

Victoria Park also used to be fun.

YellowPrimula Fri 22-Jul-16 22:21:36

The costume museum also used to be very good, my boys all enjoyed the Roman Baths , the Park in front of the Royal Crescent is nice

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 22-Jul-16 22:25:36

Victoria Park is great. If you go take some squirrel nuts, in the botanical garden part the squirrels are so tame they will come right up to you and take the nuts.

Theres also a free walking tour put on everyday.

Was1969 Fri 29-Jul-16 21:03:46

Went today at it is a lovely city. I'd highly recommend it to those who have not been.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now