Summer camps for kids with special needs _ ASD

(3 Posts)
AndreaParis Fri 01-Apr-16 11:34:52

My son is 16 years old and is on the autistic spectrum (Sebastien is mildly to moderately autistic, he is in a special needs class of a regular school. He has a certain level of autonomy in daily life activities but is quite handicapped when it comes to socialization. We are an anglophone Canadian family living in France and Sebastien speaks English and French). Sebastien has been to camp before in France but we are considering sending him to the UK this year. We haven't found any residential summer holiday camps ("camps" in a North American summer camp sense) catering to special needs/ASD, does anyone know of any? We have identified XUK as a possibility, and I have spoken with them about Sebastien; they are open to taking him, but I wonder if anyone has any relevant opinions about the XUK organization and whether they think this could be a good option for a youth with ASD/special needs like Sebastien. Thanks very much for any and all help!

BushcraftCrazy Thu 07-Apr-16 16:47:00

Have you heard of Camp Wilderness? I hear it's quite good?

AndreaParis Thu 07-Apr-16 17:05:05

Hello, no, I haven't heard of Camp Wilderness, I will check it out. are they skilled or at least welcoming to Special Needs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now