Thinking of a superweeks summer camp for dd (8) ? Is she do young ?

(6 Posts)
bringonthesummer Wed 10-Jun-15 06:32:45

Just wondering if anyone has experience of superweeks summer camp holidays especially with younger children ?It's looks really good for Dd .She is 8 ( 9 in October ) .

mimiasovitch Wed 10-Jun-15 06:45:11

My youngest who has just turned 12 is going for her 4th summer this year. Can't help with the age thing as that will depend on your dd's confidence, but I can't recommend super weeks highly enough. Eldest dd went too, until she hit 13 and got all teenage on me!

bringonthesummer Wed 10-Jun-15 10:18:16

Thank you . She is very keen but she has only stayed away from home at her grandparents .

mimiasovitch Wed 10-Jun-15 14:11:04

I'm sure she'd be fine. The monitors are lovely, and they do so much shed hardly have a chance to be sad. I seriously can't praise the company enough.

mummymeister Wed 10-Jun-15 15:07:57

my 3 started going to PGL camps for week long stays from when they were 7. they had a great time. there is always the option I am sure for her to speak to you if she is homesick or for her to come home early but it wont come to that.

mayred Wed 25-May-16 15:16:49

I would recommend FFL. Children can learn curriculum linked courses/projects and also have a lot of fun activities. Here is their highlight leaflet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now