School Trip

(3 Posts)
aaminahs Sat 30-May-15 16:13:24

DD1 has a school trip and it's to America it's about £2,000 I can afford but the problem is that I am scared of her injuring herself on the holiday. I have been worrying myself because I went on a lot of ski holidays and when I was at uni I broke my arm I really am concerned about her injuring herself. This is the first time she's been away for a full week from me normally her trips are 5 days long. Does anyone have any advice about handling these worries? x

Thank you x

RainbowFlutterby Sat 30-May-15 16:17:11

Unfortunately I have no advice, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Every time DS goes on school residentials I can't relax, but he absolutely loves them! I suppose the big thing is to never let them know you're worrying. Easier said than done.

aaminahs Sat 30-May-15 16:21:50

Thank you I am excited for her, I don't let it show that I'm worried, when she was in year 3 I was worrying so much when she went to PGL. I'm going to try praying and giving her a long talk about safety. I went skiing in Austria at the same age as her and these boys nearly got themselves killed by fooling around and showing off- the main reason I am scared, if she starts to mess around and hurts herself. I would only blame myself she goes next feb, this october she's going to Italy it's sightseeing and geographical experiences so not as worried for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now